Sponsored

Lock...unlock...lock...lock....lock...!!!

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
I learned something today while washing my 2016 with PP. Dont wash the car with the key fob in your pocket. Every time I sprayed either of the handles, the car would lock or unlock. Same with wiping it down. It must have done it a dozen times before I finally put the key fob out of reach of the car. That seems pretty crappy tbh....
:crazy:
Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Yeap. Love the locks....except when washing. Like you mentioned, just move the key fob away from the car.

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeap. Love the locks....except when washing. Like you mentioned, just move the key fob away from the car.

Unless of course Im at a car wash. What do they expect me to do, go hide it in the woods?

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Jesus, leave it in the car while washing it. No reason to be in your pocket, especially on the off-chance you lean against the car and scratch it.

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
get one of those rfi pouches and put the fob in that in your pocket

Sponsored

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jesus, leave it in the car while washing it. No reason to be in your pocket, especially on the off-chance you lean against the car and scratch it.

Oh sure, propose a simple and logical solution to my drama queen issue. *cough* :) Thanks... hadnt actually thought of that to be honest. Im kind of an idiot. Just by habit I always have the keys in my pocket.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My convertible has taken lessons from my dog (who hates to be washed). It flashes its lights whenever I take it to a do-it-yourself car wash...but doesn't seem to mind being taken to a no-touch wash. I don't want to leave the fob in the lobby and would never remember to keep it in an rfi pouch. So I just go ahead and wash the car with it blinking at me. I have gotten some strange looks from other people seeing my car flashing at me as I spray it down.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Isnt there an option in the cars dash that makes it so it doesnt do that with the touch sensative controls?

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Oh sure, propose a simple and logical solution to my drama queen issue. *cough* :) Thanks... hadnt actually thought of that to be honest. Im kind of an idiot. Just by habit I always have the keys in my pocket.
Be careful with this though. Don't remember exactly who but one member here was able to lock his keys inside the car and not get back in without his spare keys he had to get from his house. I just deal with the blinking as said above.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When being chased by the NSA you can use one of those aluminized potato chip bags to keep your cell phone off the grid. Probably would work for the fob. Might need a stunt double like in the movies though.