carbon steering wheel/alcantara

al3x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That is a real carbon fiber dash piece. Came with four pieces (dash, two sides, and the lighting control part). I am avoiding wrapping anything in carbon and stick with the real stuff for this project. Wrapping will be a lot better and cost friendly though lol.
Mind if I ask where I can get it myself? I haven't looked into it much but seeing how good it looks, I want it now haha
Sponsored

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Mind if I ask where I can get it myself? I haven't looked into it much but seeing how good it looks, I want it now haha
Try the carbon Cartel version:

https://carbonplug.com/s550carbon/carbon-fiber-dash-panel-4-piece

Theres always the overlay kit too:

https://carbonplug.com/s550carbon/carbon-fiber-interior-overlay-kit

https://carbonplug.com/s550carbon/

al3x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'd be more tempted to go with the overlay simply to not have to take anything apart haha but they all look pretty good :)

Sponsored

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
I'd be more tempted to go with the overlay simply to not have to take anything apart haha but they all look pretty good :)
I would go for the panel kit https://carbonplug.com/s550carbon/carbon-fiber-dash-panel-4-piece before I would try to do the overlay kit. The panels are not that hard to remove and replace. And the price for panel kit is less than I paid at the Ford dealer with a discount for the four panels from a base GT. I have a GT Premium and I hate the brushed aluminum panels the GT Premium comes with. You should be able to find a You Tub Video showing how to change the panels.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Todd got it right, I got mines from Carbon Cartel (he was a vendor on there, but I haven't heard a peek out of him anymore). If you read the fine print, their stuff is from China.

I had ordered Trufiber and the Carbon Cartel one. Did a mini review in another thread here and ended up with the Carbon Cartel one. If you want fitment to be good and don't care much about the appearance of the weave (its hit or miss), go with Trufiber. If you want a quality look and clean weave, but have to modify a little with fitment issues, then go with Carbon Cartel.

I forgot to take some pictures, but I have to wait again for my car to come back from the alignment shop. Had to get ride height adjusted and they need it overnight. When I do get it back, I can take some photos of the fitment issues I am having and what I drilled holes for.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
It's just a perfect fit and size wheel, and I'm not one for carbon fiber and I love it. The interior with this wheel and the modest amount of carbon fiber just looks more expensive now and the shape is muscular and really nice in the hands. I can't wait to get my car out of winter storage into some good light for better pics.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Damn it! Another mod added to the list...these are absolutely gorgeous...big props to you @Beith_Performance_Parts

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I will certainly do that!
Sponsored