Vehicle Showcase

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

As of now that's the system that I am looking at. The only draw back for me are that it doesn't seem very loud at full tilt, and the whole key fob thing. They do have an app now but I really want an in cabin solution.

If this system is tied to the modes in the GT as it is in the GT350 that would be really cool. This intrigues me:

"Adds GT350 active exhaust functionality with two 2.5” NPP valves to be able to change the exhaust sound"

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Interested to see how it sounds. I think the xforce system doesn't sound like v8 muscle at all...

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550

Guys with headers, you should prepare yourselves for how loud the 350 mufflers are when open. Here is a quick video I put together of my GT with longtubes, catless X, and factory 350 mufflers.

They're super quiet when closed. Quieter than my GT500 mufflers were. But open is wake-the-dead loud.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This is all assuming this system is even the same mufflers as the 350 OEM and not just the Touring/Sport combined into 1

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
At almost $2,600 I doubt many will want to review it, lol.

How different is this from the ROUSH active exhaust?

Why not just wait for the '18s to hit the market and see if anyone can find a way to get the upcoming factory active exhaust to work on the '15-'17s?
I read $2,875.00 list price on the Ford Racing website... almost $2,900.
Or 1/2 of a supercharger :cheers:

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
I don't get the point of an active exhaust in general. Why not just get an exhaust that sounds the way you want it to all the time. Also for 2600 you could get a corsa catback plus headers installed
That's easy. Some of us need our car to be a little quieter at times and we also like to experience the full exhaust experience sometimes. I've kept my exhaust stock because the majority of the time, I prefer it to be stock levels but I'd like to have a switch to flip if I wanted to hear it more.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That's easy. Some of us need our car to be a little quieter at times and we also like to experience the full exhaust experience sometimes. I've kept my exhaust stock because the majority of the time, I prefer it to be stock levels but I'd like to have a switch to flip if I wanted to hear it more.
Exactly...my car is a daily driver during the summer months, and I can't exactly show up to my suit and tie job sounding like boy racer. The weekends on the other hand :headbang:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Exactly...my car is a daily driver during the summer months, and I can't exactly show up to my suit and tie job sounding like boy racer. The weekends on the other hand :headbang:
I do on Roush and H, basically as loud as a full header back system. Who cares? There are loud cars that are stock that suit and ties drive like exotics

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Along those lines we need an affordable active exhaust system. Make a single tip axle back system I would be first in line. I can't believe something like this hasn't been developed.
If you look in the muffler, it goes all the way through to the other side with some perforated piping. I bet the stock mufflers are just basic "Turbo" style mufflers. This got me thinking, I wonder if you could just go to a muffler shop and have them T off the exhaust right before the muffler, weld in a cutout, and then back into the muffler, straight back from the OEM tips. Closed, you get stock routing, open, you get straight-through the OEM muffler...
End result would be something like QTP's "screamer" mufflers (see attached image), rigged up out of our OEM mufflers- just imagine that Y being where our pipes turn 90 to go into the muffler.
Single tip, dual mode, OEM-like exhaust. If you didn't want quiet and quieter, just add an x pipe to the described setup, getting you resonator-delete in quiet mode, and probably something relatively loud in loud mode.
Maybe I should get a welder and start buying up all the near-new OEM exhausts on craigslist?
QTP screamer dual inlet.jpg

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
AWE released exactly that a few weeks ago AWE S550 Mustang GT Cat-back Exhaust - SwitchPath
for the $, you should check out our awe switch path, quite a bit more economical for a dual mode exhaust

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/awe-tuning-ford-s550-mustang-2015-2017.html
I WAS really interested in the AWE system...until I realized it won't fit convertibles :frusty: I'd still love to see a single exhaust setup that is adjustable. Even better, just an adjustable mid-muffler kit since I already have Roush AB :thumbsup:
Sponsored