Sponsored

Anyone ever use a MyCalibrator?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My car is getting a supercharger installed. Included in the kit is a My calibrator tuner. When the device is plugged in, it gives a "code 59" and says to call tech support. Initially I wanted to capture the strategy code and ECM code, but the error seems to be an issue. Has anyone had trouble with this device similar to my issue?
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Are u saying u are tuned by Livernois? It sounds like you may not have fully updated the software on the tuner before plugging it in to the car

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, from Livernois. It came with the Windstorm SC kit. Unfortunately, there wasn't any real directions in regards to the tuner. There is a YouTube video that shows how it should work. The paperwork/instructions show a different device that was used on the 2011-2014 GT models. When the tuner is plugged in, it says "error 59, call service".

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm assuming he did. He watched the YouTube video that shows how to do it. The video is for an SHO, but I think it basically the same process. He was able to get the codes needed for the "tune build" by using an SCT tuner. I just hope the tuner working ok since it's now the only thing needing to be finished up.

Sponsored

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did you get the tuner version or the one with the tune?

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I asked Ethan from Livernois. He said that the tuning device they send out with the kit needs to be flashed with a custom email tune by them before you can download it. They take your "strategy code" and "ECM code" and write a custom tune. Then they email that custom tune and you download it onto the tuner device. My "issue" at the moment is that my mechanic was having trouble even getting those strategy and ECM codes. He told me that he got an "error code 59" without being able to capture the codes. He used an SCT programmer he had on hand to get the codes. I plan on sending the strategy and ECM codes in and I'm hoping that once the custom tune is created and then flashed onto the tuner, it will work.

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
I asked Ethan from Livernois. He said that the tuning device they send out with the kit needs to be flashed with a custom email tune by them before you can download it. They take your "strategy code" and "ECM code" and write a custom tune. Then they email that custom tune and you download it onto the tuner device. My "issue" at the moment is that my mechanic was having trouble even getting those strategy and ECM codes. He told me that he got an "error code 59" without being able to capture the codes. He used an SCT programmer he had on hand to get the codes. I plan on sending the strategy and ECM codes in and I'm hoping that once the custom tune is created and then flashed onto the tuner, it will work.
Try updating the SCT programmer firmware itself from SCT - I had a few issues with mine throwing various errors and misbehaving until I did this. It just requires the SCT software and your laptop.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
The Lund tunes are the same way. You fill out a form with all mods and the ECM/strategy codes. They email you a tune. Load it onto the tuner. Flash it to the car. And BOOM! Instant engine performance.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea I it sounds like you might need to update the firmware on the tuner in order to get the strategy codes. It will probably update everything when u load up the tune files they send to u

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Update on this, Ggradtech and I conferred and resolved the issue. Error 59 occurs when there are no tunes loaded on the handheld. Which was supposed to happen at the time, there was a slight issue getting the tuner into the engineering mode, which was also resolved. The proper tunes were requested, and are in the final stages of being uilt before the customer has access to them.

TL;DR , Tuner didn't get into engineering mode successfully.
Sponsored