Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
o_O what happened to the front man?
Someone scratched my bumper in a parking lot. Not very noticeable, but funny thing is my bumper broke his taillight as there were pieces of it on the ground in front of my car when I came out. Gonna cost like $700 to fix so I got a upper and lower GT grill for about $120 so I'm going to have it put on when the bumper gets fixed in the Spring. I'll post a pic so you can see what I'm talking about. It's on the front bumper towards the passenger side.
IMG_0039.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Tomorrow will be two years to the day I picked up my "Maggie". Also the same day my Dad saw her for the first and last time before he passed away. She's still just as beautiful, if not more-so than when I got her, but its a bittersweet day. Miss my Dad, but I know he really liked the car and was happy for me.
maggie_huntington.jpg

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Very nice car, the new grille will do wonders for making it look mean. That was one of the few things I've done already as well since I had the same stock grille as you do. I also really enjoyed the story that went with this car (read your other thread) so keep modding and remember pops when you drive it.

Been trying to get my dad to take mine out for a cruise but he swears up and down its too expensive for him to drive.

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Very nice car, the new grille will do wonders for making it look mean. That was one of the few things I've done already as well since I had the same stock grille as you do. I also really enjoyed the story that went with this car (read your other thread) so keep modding and remember pops when you drive it.

Been trying to get my dad to take mine out for a cruise but he swears up and down its too expensive for him to drive.
Thanks for the comment. I'm sure you'll get your dad in the car at some point though. As to the grill, I wanted the GT/CS grill because I like the tribar classic look, but at almost $700- it's just not practical. The GT grill I got has a blacked out pony so I do think it will look mean. The rear is a bigger issue. I can't buy a blank deklid panel that's affordable, so I'm stuck with the chrome tribar on the back. I had thought someone might make decal overlays that could dull the chrome and possibly add elements like a grey American flag or something P-51 related, but no one makes anything like that. So I'm not sure what to do. Plastidip is another way to go but not sure how that will last through washings and such. So many things to do. A lot to think about. I'll definitely post pics when I get the front end done. Do you have any suggestions?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Thanks for the comment. I'm sure you'll get your dad in the car at some point though. As to the grill, I wanted the GT/CS grill because I like the tribar classic look, but at almost $700- it's just not practical. The GT grill I got has a blacked out pony so I do think it will look mean. The rear is a bigger issue. I can't buy a blank deklid panel that's affordable, so I'm stuck with the chrome tribar on the back. I had thought someone might make decal overlays that could dull the chrome and possibly add elements like a grey American flag or something P-51 related, but no one makes anything like that. So I'm not sure what to do. Plastidip is another way to go but not sure how that will last through washings and such. So many things to do. A lot to think about. I'll definitely post pics when I get the front end done. Do you have any suggestions?

Is the MMD pre-painted panel out of your price range? I think its $249, that's the one I got. I bought a silver one to match my car but the black one matches the stock one perfectly.

The other option is to find a used ecoboost one for cheap that just has the pony and get a black pony for a more stealth look.

As far as the grille, I don't know of any like the GT/CS, the closest thing I could think of is deleting the plastic honeycomb and putting mesh and getting a tri-bar emblem from ebay to attach to it. Either way, changing out the grille is a right pain in the butt so you want to make sure you like it before you do it, don't want to have to change it out twice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Figured I would post a couple of recent pics. Waiting on an auto body shop to fix that front end scratch and put on the GT grills. I'll post as soon as it's finished
IMG_0166.jpg

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Adding some more pics. Still waiting to get the scratch fixed and my blacked out GT grills installed.
IMG_0237.jpg

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Adding some more pics. Still waiting to get the scratch fixed and my blacked out GT grills installed.
Looking good man!

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
She goes to the body shop today to finally fix the scrape on my front clip. Also going to be replacing the stock V6 upper and lower grills with GT grills and a blacked out pony. Hoping it will only take three days and although these guys are supposed to be good- I'm still very nervous..
IMG_0276.JPG

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Picker her up and loving the GT Grills!! What ya think?
IMG_0284.JPG

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Looking good! The GT grille is definitely better than the stock one, although I think the chrome pony would look good on your car as well.
Sponsored