Sponsored

Anyone else like the stock exhaust?

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The stock system is definitely on the soft side. I opted for the FRPP X-Pipe and pretty happy with the overall sound. My car has the FR/Roush Phase 1 blower, which doesn't "whine" but it tends to drown-out the exhaust note at higher RMP, at least inside the car. The Coyote motor, in my opinion has a raspier note than the 4.6 and older 5.0 motors.....the 4.6 motors had a really great sound. I had a '01 Bullitt and the stock exhaust on that car was one of the best I've ever heard.
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Yeah it's a popular option and not too loud. Check the end of the video.

Based on that video, sounds like the raspiness is contained by the resonator because it does sound pretty raspy afterwards.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
On my bike I want to be heard for safety reasons that has saved my ass countless times. In a car, I've never had a desire for loud exhaust, especially because my cars are commuters and I usually just want quiet at the end of the day. So stock might be fine.

We'll see if my opinion changes this Saturday after picking up my Mustang.

-Emt1581

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

-Emt1581
I suggest letting the exhaust system get seasoned with several hundred miles of use. Straight off the lot, it will sound less loud, so it's not the fairest comparison on volume, especially when changing mufflers.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I like everything except the sound and the look.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
On my bike I want to be heard for safety reasons that has saved my ass countless times. In a car, I've never had a desire for loud exhaust, especially because my cars are commuters and I usually just want quiet at the end of the day. So stock might be fine.

-Emt1581
Congrats on that! :cheers:

Just keep in mind that you'll only hear what the stock exhaust sounds like if you rev it while stationary and windows down. Nearly all the sound you hear inside the car is from the sound tube or through the dash panel from the engine. I had 19,000 miles on my car before doing anything on exhaust and it was still very quiet then. To each their own, however. If you like it, great! I enjoy the sound and looks of a mild aftermarket offering very much, as do many of us here if you couldn't tell. It just makes it that much more enjoyable to drive.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Just keep in mind that you'll only hear what the stock exhaust sounds like if you rev it while stationary and windows down. Nearly all the sound you hear inside the car is from the sound tube or through the dash panel from the engine.
I like the sound of the stock exhaust better with the sound tube deleted. I have a Lethal Performance H-pipe waiting to be installed, and that will give me the sound I really want - not too much, and only when getting hard on the throttle.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I understand what you're saying...but there are some very nice sounding exhaust systems that land you between stock quite and "stupid loud".

The answer the OP's question: No, I absolutely hated the stock exhaust. Way to subdued. Installing the Ford Performance Resonator Delete X-Pipe and Borla S-Type axle back were my first mods. Couldn't be happier. Perfect in my opinion.
I don't have a problem with anything between stock all the way up to headers with no mufflers. My wife loves the no muffler exhaust.:shrug:Luckily for all of us. We have one of the biggest after markets in the world and can have it any way we want it.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
+1 for stock exhaust

When I went looking for a low mile S550 last year, I found one that already had an aftermarket exhaust on it. Drove it, didn't like it.

The dealer wasn't willing to replace it with the stock Ford unit, so it instantly killed the deal.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Well I just added an x pipe. These aftermarket sites are asking way too much. Went to Master Muffler here and they sold me an x pipe with installation for under 150.00.

Don't waste your money purchasing them and then paying to install.

And I mentioned in the original post I might like a little extra and this is a little extra.
However, Just a little more noise would be ok.

Now that mid section is pretty heavy. If you can get as good a deal in your area on the x pipe I'd say do it the moment you leave the dealership.

The stock pipes reduce by 1/8 an inch in that section that gets deleted by the x pipe too so it even gives the car a little more breathing room.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I liked the stock exhaust, but I like my Stainlessworks H Pipe catback alot more. :D

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Stock exhaust is fine.......

.......well, the stock cat-back is fine I should say ;)

Slap a set of LT's in front of your stock catback and enjoy the best of BOTH WORLDS!!! More power AND better sound!!! Never obnoxious because your still running thru the resonator and stock mufflers...

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I drive 130 miles each way for work ( a week at time fortunately), love the stock exhaust.
Sponsored