Sponsored

Tame my flowmasters

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Not sure which Corsa systems you've heard that are tinny sounding (none). Rasp? Sure, a little, and it's subjective. If the Corsa is raspy, so is the Roush.

Tinny is a resonator delete with the stock mufflers or any other chambered muffler, as well as the MBRP Street. This includes the Flowmaster 44's. Those are pretty tinny at high rpm.
No Bmac! CoRsA BEst EVER...>EVER 0 dRoNe/ 0 RaSp /SoUnd IS PErFect /NotHing is LoudEr ThAN CorSa/ NothInG iS qUiEteR ThaN CorSa! CoRsA HaS No RASp All ToNe!:lol:

Op look into a set of vibrant resonators. It will tone down the drone and help tame those flowmasters.
Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Step 1) remove flow masters
Step 2) throw that shit in the trash
Step 3) say no to 90s exhaust
Step 4) drink a beer while unpacking your Corsa
Step 5) install your Corsa
Step 6) tingle your ear balls with your new Corsa
^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^ And remember. Good shit ain't cheap. And cheap shit ain't good. I have Corsa exhaust and get complements regularly.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I had flowmasters on my 2015 V6, and holy crap was the drone bad! I put helmholz resonators on (aka J-pipes) and it fixed it. Look in the V6 section, and there was a massive thread on how another guy and I were both working on it and calculating the frequency and the length of the pipe required.

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Come on guys the deep exhausts do sound good. I like magnaflow, flowmaster, gibson, ARH, ect. Roush, corsa, and borla all sound too harsh for my liking. I used to like borla on the s197 but not on the s550. It's just a matter of preferance.

I heard if you do headers the drone on deep exhausts goes away.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
OP,

I run the H-pipe with Roush AB. Its a loud setup with little to no drone, but very raspy at the upper end of the RPM. I thought it was a bit much on cold starts, so I just added a couple of Pypes 14" resonators. The resonators give a nice in between stock Res + Roush and H pipe w/ Roush. I think as the resonators burn in it'll get a little louder, but not as loud as no resonator at all. Idle has a nice low burble to it. The rasp at the upper end is completely gone. Interior noise while driving is very pleasant.

It has noise in the interior, just enough to let you know it's not stock, but quiet enough to not have to yell at your passenger or the phone.
Sponsored