Sponsored

New Here...but familiar issue.

ModernBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT track - guard metallic
I fell in love with the guard color on the S550. Decided to buy one when I heard they were discontinuing it. I'd seen the move Bullitt about a thousand too many times as a kid.

I bought what I felt was the closest thing to a modern version. 2016 GT track in guard metallic.

Beautiful car.

so....after owning it for 7 months...why does it have 2500 miles on it?

The trans has been off the whole time I've owned it.

First was binding 1-2 shift, feels just like a lockout. this was at 1000 miles that I decided I had enough. Said nothing wrong with it - Trans fluid changed. It is somewhat better.

took it back at 2000 miles because it is still doing it and it feels like there is a tremor in the shifter and clutch feels inconsistent. It's episodic and of course they can't reproduce it.

Now. 300 more miles and it's at times grabbing in first, like I can't pull it out. Clutch is to the floor and it won't pull out of first. Sometimes it grinds. Clutch is to the floor and it grinds coming out of first.

On way home today, 2-3 times I'm coasting in neutral and push clutch in....rpms go up. it's not in gear, but rpms climbed. Other day, clutch pushed
to the floor and pushing into 5th gear and the rpms climb as I'm pushing it forward, it did that a few times.

i'm not sure if this is some dumb-shit rev-matching thing, but if it was, I figure it would do it every time.

I could tell when I left work it was going to be a shitty trans day.

Tired of it. I have taken it in twice. I have to blow a full day dropping it off because they of course never have loaners. I spent $40k on car I can't enjoy driving. Other than doing same dumb song and dance of taking it in to have them tell me it's fine....

tips for who to contact?
Sponsored