tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
Hey Guys,

I'll be relocating to NJ (specifically West New York) at the end of the month and while I initially planned to sell my car (relocating from Austin TX) prior to the move, it's looking like I may go ahead and ship it since it's covered as part of my relocation agreement.

My exhaust is still factory (minus the h-pipe/resonator delete) so hopefully there won't be any emissions issues or problems registering the car in NJ - at least from the research I've done it doesn't seem like there will. Is there anything else I need to be aware of or keep in mind before signing off on moving my car? I realize I probably won't drive it at all in the winter and that's fine as it's really just a weekend car at this point as I'll be working in the city.

I have also checked on insurance prices and DANG they are much higher than Texas. Thanks to Geico though it looks like I can save quite a bit of money with same coverage as I'm paying now with State Farm.

Thanks!
Sponsored

BobbyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT
You should be ok with the NJ inspection as long as you don't decide to install long tube headers (even catted) or install a tune that disables the O2 sensors.

West New York/Hoboken/Weehawken are great areas, but parking is a pain in the ass. I hope you have a garage or reserved parking lined up! Also, you should be fine daily driving your car in the winter as long as you have snow tires. Bought a set Blizzaks when i first got my s550 in 2014 and they worked like a charm.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
Welcome to NJ! Agree w/ BobbyV on inspection..and +1 on the parking hassles. NJ gets a bad rap in general, but it's not a bad place to live (this from someone who is not from Jersey).It can be expensive however..and the traffic a real PITA.. You will also miss those Texas roads..If you want some nice drives head out to Long Valley in the western part of the state, or up to Bear Mountain, 7 Lakes Drive. If you get tired of West New York, explore the area around Montclair. Easy access to the city via train. There are couple good Mustang clubs locally as well.

OP
OP
tcador

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
Thanks for the feedback! Been a busy month in prep for the move and ended up getting a decent offer on my car and sold it last night. So down to one vehicle (wife's awd Audi) which is a bit better equipped for the NE as I understand it. I do have one reserved covered spot in my buiding luckily and happy to not have to pay for two!

Last edited:

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
The thing i hate most about Jersey is the roads. They drive me nuts.
Sponsored