BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It'll be delivered on wed, when I get it installed is yet to be determined.:)
Do what I did. Take a half day on Friday and get installed after lunch. :headbang:
Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Do what I did. Take a half day on Friday and get installed after lunch. :headbang:
The wife gave me cash to get the windows tinted last year for my birthday and that will come first as I don't want to go through another summer without the tint being done.

I will first need to find where I will have the exhaust work done and go from there....plus I want to study using some stainless couplers for the forward connections as I want to be able to drop the exhaust if need be for accessing my race shifter or anything else for that matter.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Wheels look great and that exhaust sounds superb. Nicely done :)

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The wife gave me cash to get the windows tinted last year for my birthday and that will come first as I don't want to go through another summer without the tint being done.

I will first need to find where I will have the exhaust work done and go from there....plus I want to study using some stainless couplers for the forward connections as I want to be able to drop the exhaust if need be for accessing my race shifter or anything else for that matter.
The way they did mine they retained the forward most couplers of resonator and welded those to the 11386 (cut them off the resonator). What you could do is have them add a butt joint clamp at the rear, where they make the cut in the stock exhaust pipes. They will have to add and weld on a few inches of stainless to the 11386, but where thatt meets up with the stock midpipes could be a clamp.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
The way they did mine they retained the forward most couplers of resonator and welded those to the 11386 (cut them off the resonator). What you could do is have them add a butt joint clamp at the rear, where they make the cut in the stock exhaust pipes. They will have to add and weld on a few inches of stainless to the 11386, but where thatt meets up with the stock midpipes could be a clamp.
You made doing my homework on this a bit easier. Now I understand your statement about not going back to the old res, thanks.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Car has come a long way in the last few months, congrats!

What tires are on the SVEs?
Thanks!! They're Sumitomo HTR ZIII's with about 6-7/32nds left. I will probably replace with Firehawk Indy 500's, 285/35R19 all around. Here's another one from today, since it's sunny out!
IMG_20170319_142151_2.jpg

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That wheel color goes great with the Guard.

Hey, do you have a review of the steeda rear shock mounts anywhere? I read a post of yours saying you'd probably have left the PP shocks if you had the steeda rear mounts prior to? I'm kinda shocked at that, as I figured they were for the "steeda supporter" more so than providing actual benefits.

I have cb005, steeda LCA bearing, Ford toe arm bushing and the bmr handling springs on oem 15 GT PP shocks/struts.

Thanks.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That wheel color goes great with the Guard.

Hey, do you have a review of the steeda rear shock mounts anywhere? I read a post of yours saying you'd probably have left the PP shocks if you had the steeda rear mounts prior to? I'm kinda shocked at that, as I figured they were for the "steeda supporter" more so than providing actual benefits.

I have cb005, steeda LCA bearing, Ford toe arm bushing and the bmr handling springs on oem 15 GT PP shocks/struts.

Thanks.
Sure:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1773764&postcount=105

I would get them. You will have quite a bit less bounciness with the springs we have. They have a spherical bearing for the joint instead of a cylindrical bushing, and that bearing allows the shock to freely articulate during all suspension movement, but during the low displacement stuff in particular.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Almost hard to believe!

I'll be adding them with my shock/strut purchase, thanks.
It is but they really do work. I've been very diligent to only do one mod at a time so I do not mask or confuse any changes. Roads that used to make my car oscillate and bounce did not immediately after installing these.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered them in 275/40/18. Hope to have them mounted up by next weekend. I'll let you know what I think. They'll be getting a quick workout, 2 autocrosses and 2 days at mid ohio before April is over.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! A coworker got two rears to replace the ridiculously fast-wearing P-zeros and likes them a lot so far. Of course, they won't be the quickest thing by any stretch for autocross, but I just want them to have acceptable grip to get the car around well and have decent street manners still. I expect them to be just shy of the Pilot Super Sports on all fronts, based on reviews.
Sponsored