Sponsored

17' or 18' R, Where, Mark Up, $?

Top Dollar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT350R #JR003
I'm looking for a 17' or 18' R, lol like many others....
Any info or help well appreciated. Of course with little or no mark up. These dealers out here charging 10k-15k-20k-30k over are just ridiculous.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes and the shoppers who attain a good deal through a forum and then flip them for $, are even worse! Wouldn't you agree?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Pretty sure at this point, if anyone has such leads, it's reserved for solidified members in the community who has the lowest possibility of reselling anytime soon. Members have already been swindled by a snake who was given an R lead, only to resell immediately at a high mark up.

Your best chance is to start making calls.... possibly even hundreds of calls to try to secure one at MSRP or close to it. If it sounds like something you're not willing to do, then you probably won't get an R at your price point. For those who won't or can't pay the ADM, the search for an R weeds out those who are really serious about getting the car or not(profit-seeking aside).

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yes and the shoppers who attain a good deal through a forum and then flip them for $, are even worse! Wouldn't you agree?
Agreed and hopefully we don't have many documented cases on this forum of that but obviously hard to keep track of who gets good deals on here with help from many of us and then flips the car that they had help with getting.

;)

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
It took me over 6 months to lock on an R order and it was a lot of work but worth it. I called 50-70 dealers (I have a notebook full of notes on most of the ones I called, who I talked to, their projected allocoation #'s or what their actual potential was to get an R if they were a smaller dealer, and what prices they initially quoted, etc.). I also stopped at no less than 10 dealers in person, some while on vacation, traveling through a town, etc., and talked to the sales staff (I would usually try and talk to the sales manager if possible since R's are usually dealt by them and they have the final say).

Forum members here were very helpful with leads, and eventually I was offered a MSRP deal on a car coming in, but it was the wrong color and a good distance away (that car is long gone now).

Recently, with the info that 2018 will see approx. 40% of the production of 2017 R's, prices have gone up from what they were a month or two ago and seem to be higher right now. I don't think $5K ADM deals will be easy to find right now, but may be possible with a lot of work and calling. Right now $10K ADM seems to get you a car if you can find the color you want and make it work (distance to dealer, trade considerations, shipping the car/costs, etc.).

You know a lot of those guys that got MSRP deals or good deals in 2016 and 2017? I was given a lot of those dealers as contacts, and I can tell you, all of them I called are wiser and weren't willing to sell another at MSRP (not saying they aren't out there, but I did call a few that had sold MSRP deals on R's to others). I had one dealer that had just sold an R for MSRP tell me the owner will never do that again (LOL).

My advice? If you really want one and are passionate about owning an R, do the work... or pay the extra ADM and be done with it. I turned my passion for wanting one into an obsession and finally made it all work out. And it feels good to have a confirmed order right now for sure for a 2018 R!! :headbang:

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Be prepared to pay top dollar.
I see what you did there. :lol:

There are ONLY 16 R's currently for sale used on Autotrader nationwide, many in the $100k-$90k range.....USED.
Prices have gone up and continue to be super rare.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I'm gonna have a hard time passing along any info to someone with a low post count. Which was the majority of all the pms I got after posting a lead in the sticky.

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
The very best deal I could find on a new R in Cali was 15K over. I also tried an out of state dealership in Texas (McDavid Ford) and they refused to move from 20K over. I have seen 10K over in Ohio I think, but I am paranoid about transports that have to go across the country; as a result, I went with the 15K over. However, Los Gatos Luxury cars is selling a used one (with only like 980 miles) for a super duper great price; you should call them and tell
them that Sandeep referred you, they'll hook you up!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just passed a 7k R deal to a guy with 3 posts. I bought a TY R for 2k over. I have another coming at 5 K over. Look hard and be persistent. You have to try hard and not give up

Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I see what you did there. :lol:

There are ONLY 16 R's currently for sale used on Autotrader nationwide, many in the $100k-$90k range.....USED.
Prices have gone up and continue to be super rare.
What? If you use the search tool posted in this forum you'll see that there are 135 R's available at dealers for sale right now. Sure some of those may be sold, but I would say there are at a minimum 100 available nation wide if you account for that. Way more than 16!!

I paid $5K over about 2 months ago. Wasn't an easy deal to find but I think it was all about timing... Tom got his deal for $2K at about the same time (timing and color). Market seems to be higher now from what I've seen and like 96Cobra said, the release that the production #'s will be lower in 2018 has strengthened the sale prices. 2 months ago, there was speculation that 2000 R units would be produced for 2018. Now it looks like 300-400. :eyebulge:
Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 3.28.51 PM (1).jpg

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have an available GT350R coming in in NC. Avalanche grey with 920A package as well as electronics package.

It will be marked up unfortunately though. Mark up is listed at 20-25k over sticker I believe.

If anyone is seriously interested I can see how negotiable mark up is. It definitely won't go for msrp though.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
What? If you use the search tool posted in this forum you'll see that there are 135 R's available at dealers for sale right now. Sure some of those may be sold, but I would say there are at a minimum 100 available nation wide if you account for that. Way more than 16!!

I paid $5K over about 2 months ago. Wasn't an easy deal to find but I think it was all about timing... Tom got his deal for $2K at about the same time (timing and color). Market seems to be higher now from what I've seen and like 96Cobra said, the release that the production #'s will be lower in 2018 has strengthened the sale prices. 2 months ago, there was speculation that 2000 R units would be produced for 2018. Now it looks like 300-400. :eyebulge:
Reread my post. I said used.
And I paid MSRP.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Right??? i agree, they sicken me.:lol:
What a douche bag. Proof low lives exist. May natural selection work it's magic on you.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
What a douche bag. Proof low lives exist. May natural selection work it's magic on you.
Just the act of still posting here shows how much he relishes successfully tricking people. No shame at all.
Sponsored