Sponsored

Memo: 2018 GT350 Production Timing, Volumes and Allocations

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
i think the 18 run of gt350s is because the gt500 was delayed. the 350 has been very popular so they do a short run while they finish up the details on the 500. just my guess and i happily await for my 18 gt350
Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
What are the R's going for now?
What is the guess in 2018?
Prices are all over. I'm glad I was able to buy mine off the showroom floor for $5K over. A few months ago, this was normal. But now it seems like prices are up again as the MY2017 nears the end and MY2018 creeping closer.

I think the norm now is right at $10K over for in-stock cars, with some dealers asking $15-20K over, but a lot of these cars are just sitting with the hopes of a walk-in who just wants the car and is willing to pay it (which does happen). I think a few have recently got deals for $7K over, but that was before the release of the memo that stated there was going to be lower production #'s for MY18.

What will happen in 2018? Grab a crystal ball. If I was placing an order right now, I'd be happy to have one locked in, but I'd be very, very afraid of what the market price of my R would be at when the car actually was built (could be a year down the road). This is why a refundable deposit would be smart to have, but a lot of dealers are wanting non-refundable deposits of $5K or so (I had a dealer about 4 months ago offer me a '18 R allocation (That they didn't have, btw) for $10K over and $5K non-refundable, lol). Who knows what they will be selling for in a year?

There will always be progress in engineering and better cars and fresher, "gotta have" designs will come along, so it's just a matter of time before we start to see a leveling off on R prices, but it could be a year or two, could be sooner. I think the "GT500" or whatever they name the next halo car will have a big effect on the GT350/R cars. But I am confident that the R will always maintain a strong re-sale price, the car is just that good. But I am a little one-sided on this. :)

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
What are the R's going for now?
What is the guess in 2018?
This is how it goes in my area....sellin like hotcakes at $15-30k over. I know of at least 4 local R's that have sold without a single advertised mark down in the last 2mos. It is the same as it has always been imo....rich/higher wage areas pay a premium and lower median income areas have deals to be found...IF you are willing/able to scour the web, travel, ship the car, etc.
https://www.koonssterlingford.com/n...70a0e0a1777641ac03ac6f005.htm?searchDepth=7:7

There have been what ~1200 Rs built so far...would bet my left nut 90% of the R owners paid at least $10k ADM buying new.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
The differences between the 350 and regular '18 mustangs is far less than it was for the '16 to '17 superduty pickups and Ford ran them both down the line at the same time at KTP. So it shouldn't be any issue.
I think it's to do with the Michelin's not liking the cold weather

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
So does anyone the production numbers of the GT350s for 2018?
Sponsored