Sponsored

When will 2018 allocations be assigned? R allocations?

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Just wondering when R allocations will be assigned, does anyone know? I have been in contact with several dealers, most recently yesterday, and dealers still don't know when they will know how many, if at all, R's they will have.

Also, I know this forum is tight and people guarded, but I am a bonafide long term Ford and Mustang owner/enthusiast, and looking to get an R and would love to order one at a good price... if anyone is willing to help me on this, privately PM me. No speculator/flipper here, you can guarantee that. Either way I'll find something, but why not see if anyone wants to help on this wonderful forum?
Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just wondering when R allocations will be assigned, does anyone know? I have been in contact with several dealers, most recently yesterday, and dealers still don't know when they will know how many, if at all, R's they will have.

Also, I know this forum is tight and people guarded, but I am a bonafide long term Ford and Mustang owner/enthusiast, and looking to get an R and would love to order one at a good price... if anyone is willing to help me on this, privately PM me. No speculator/flipper here, you can guarantee that. Either way I'll find something, but why not see if anyone wants to help on this wonderful forum?
From my standpoint locating an R at a decent price comes down to a combination of good timing, hard work ( lots of calls), luck and in many cases a long term relationship with a number of Ford dealerships.

Good luck and if I come across an opportunity I will reach out to you.

;)

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
From my standpoint locating an R at a decent price comes down to a combination of good timing, hard work ( lots of calls), luck and in many cases a long term relationship with a number of Ford dealerships.

Good luck and if I come across an opportunity I will reach out to you.

;)
Oh, I know. I've been on the "work" end of it for a while. I keep reading where someone just had a deal land in their lap, knows a dealer, etc., and that's why I was posting. But I don't expect anything to land in my lap.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
I had a few leads and a few people ahead of you in line but will let you know if I come across anything

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Oh, I know. I've been on the "work" end of it for a while. I keep reading where someone just had a deal land in their lap, knows a dealer, etc., and that's why I was posting. But I don't expect anything to land in my lap.
Never say never.

It was only a few weeks ago that I was offered a 2017 R model with a very small ADM and passed it along to a friend.

After buying Blue Oval vehicles since the 1960's I have learned that persistence does pay off and suggest that will be the case for yourself as well.

;)

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Not trying to jack the thread, but have they even mentioned how many R's will be produced? I heard it will be a short production run for the R and if true, a small ADM will be gold.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Not trying to jack the thread, but have they even mentioned how many R's will be produced? I heard it will be a short production run for the R and if true, a small ADM will be gold.
Funny, because some have said the entire run will be R's. :lol:

No one knows as of now but it's comical to hear the extreme ranges. (small run vs 1000 produced again, blah blah)

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
True, only Ford knows.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
What's the point of posting this is 96Cobra's thread? I heard 2000 R's, but that was argued up and down to death. Nobody knows but I hope other long term forum members can also get one at a good price.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What's the point of posting this is 96Cobra's thread? I heard 2000 R's, but that was argued up and down to death. Nobody knows but I hope other long term forum members can also get one at a good price.
+1

Last edited:

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Because he wants an R and allocations and number built for MY18 will determine price. I have an R and don't care how many they build, I just want to make sure the OP gets an R and isn't under the impression that MY18 will bring MSRP R's like never before. Enough said, OP I hope you score an R, if I see one I'll let you know. I'm all about helping.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Because he wants an R and allocations and number built for MY18 will determine price. I have an R and don't care how many they build, I just want to make sure the OP gets an R and isn't under the impression that MY18 will bring MSRP R's like never before. Enough said, OP I hope you score an R, if I see one I'll let you know. I'm all about helping.
picture.png

Please..... really?

RickH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
GT350R HR333
Having been thru this since the car was initially announced, it will be the most frustrating car buying experience in your life. Eventually I bought an "R" locally and paid through the nose. But I got to order it the way I wanted and no 1,000 mile drive home. That's worth something to me. No, one won't fall into your lap. And don't believe everything a dealer tells you.
Sponsored