Sponsored

Base GT on road course?

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Just curious if anyone has a base GT (without performance pack) and have completed a track day. Looking to see if the stock oem radiator is plenty of cooling or not. Also if the non brembo brakes (with race pads) will be sufficient.

Battling to find a 15 GT PP in my color but may have to opt for a 2016 and due to lower incentives and no 0% i may have to go base GT and just add parts later
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
There's no way in hell I would take a hit(or extend my payments which is the same thing) this early on just to have a base GT after all the time and money to get to your current build. Especially since you would be getting a high mileage daily driver with worse gas mileage (saw your other thread)

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
I don't foresee an issue with the cooling as Ford still designed it as a performance car and each session is generally 15-20mins. Granted I have a PP, but I always pop the hood up and leave the car running for about 5-7mins after each session in the paddocks.

As for the brakes, you may want to change out the pads + fluid, before and after the event, but I don't think that's a huge issue. My friend tracks his IS350 with OEM calipers, but with proper pads and rotors.

The S550 is a very capable car!

OP
OP

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks guys...guess if i cant find a PP GT 2015 with incentives its best to just keep my Eco

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
thanks guys...guess if i cant find a PP GT 2015 with incentives its best to just keep my Eco
Agree with you here. Remember your car is as fast as a base GT as is maybe quicker. No sense to buy the GT and put money into that just to feel faster. This is if power and performance are your reason for wanting to upgrade if not then disregard my statement.

OP
OP

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's all in the other looooong thread but it's more of switching to a NA motor than anything else

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
It's all in the other looooong thread but it's more of switching to a NA motor than anything else
Ah okay this is my first turbo car and I must say I like it more then most NA cars I've had simply because you get more power out of all the mods you do. For example, a tune.

OP
OP

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah okay this is my first turbo car and I must say I like it more then most NA cars I've had simply because you get more power out of all the mods you do. For example, a tune.
Tune and intercooler will do wonders for the EB. I am just looking at NA for long term power build

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Base GT for any kind of racing is the smart way to go. You'll most likely upgrade everything anyway to your liking.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Took my car down a road course back in april. Cooling was not an issue and I live in west texas. You should be fine, I didnt switch the pads or fluid. Could of done better but it did prettt good without the changes.

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Agree with you here. Remember your car is as fast as a base GT as is maybe quicker. No sense to buy the GT and put money into that just to feel faster. This is if power and performance are your reason for wanting to upgrade if not then disregard my statement.
That's a joke right?

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
OP you are doing the right thing, the 3.55 gear is a perfect match for the MT-82. I wish I ordered a base with the 3.55 and not just picked one of the dealer lot. BTW the stock wheels and all seasons are garbage.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That's a joke right?
Thats fairly accurate. An EB can be made as fast as a GT with intake, tune and a down pipe. I manage the fast list and we had our first 11 second 4 banger and he only had drag radials and an inter cooler added to the parts above. The GT obliviously has more potential before you'd have to tear into the engine. The GT handles 700-800whp reliably. Where as the EB will probably hold 550 before it'll need internal work.
Sponsored