Sponsored

Touchless wash

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I thought touchless wash means nothing touches your car (other than water, et al). The place I went to says it means there are no touching brushes. But they still have those snake looking things that dangle down, touch the car.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
well anything touching it sure doesn't mean touchless

but all a touchless car wash really means is, automatically paint chipping drive thru lol

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
then that is not touchless.

my touch free is touch free untill some teen age girl has to dry my car off with a moist towel

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Since the water is hard at my house and leaves freaking powdery white stains everywhere on the car, and I can no longer go through my favorite drive thru automatic wash, I guess I will need to start going here: 10 min from my house, the "bikini" girls handwash and vaccum for like $11

http://bikinicarwashorlando.com/gallery-2/

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Since the water is hard at my house and leaves freaking powdery white stains everywhere on the car, and I can no longer go through my favorite drive thru automatic wash, I guess I will need to start going here: 10 min from my house, the "bikini" girls handwash and vaccum for like $11

http://bikinicarwashorlando.com/gallery-2/
You really trust those girls washing your car? lol

There nice to look at, but if its not a professional, no one is touching my car besides myself.

Sponsored

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
You really trust those girls washing your car? lol

There nice to look at, but if its not a professional, no one is touching my car besides myself.
for a basic wash, yes...there is not much science behind a sponge and a bucket of soap water. Not a full detail with high speed buffer, various chemicals, etc.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
for a basic wash, yes...there is not much science behind a sponge and a bucket of soap water. Not a full detail with high speed buffer, various chemicals, etc.
If you don't care about swirls you are fine.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::rant::rant::rant::rant:

swirls, swirls every where!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I've been there and watched them drop sponges and towels only to pick them up and keep right on washing.... Science: Sand + Sponge = effed up paint.

OP
OP

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
are you an Arsenal supporter? I am

Sponsored

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Ill let a little kids baseball team raising $$ at the gas station wash the car too!

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Every now and then I use the "touchless" car wash because we're under drought restrictions here in Central Texas. We are prohibited from washing our car except on our appointed irrigation day(Wednesday). The local "touchless" does a fairly good job and uses "spotless water". Since my Mustang is a vert, I can check my water-tightness. No leaks at all. The best wash is $9.00 but I believe the bikini babe wipe down would be worth an extra 2 bucks. Good thing there are none of those bikini-washes near me...I would be getting a car wash daily! What did you expect? After all I am a Rough Hollow Man.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
How to wash your car properly:

[ame]

If you want your car's paint to look like crap within months, then by all means use sponges and terry towel wipedowns. Then you will require a full cut polish to make it shine again.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I use the touchless wash only during the winter time on the daily driver when it is too cold to wash by hand. It is completely touchless. The only things that touch the vehicle are soap and water. It doesn't do the greatest job, but for a quickie winter wash to get the salt and road grime off, it works.
The Roush never goes to the car wash.
Sponsored