101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Hi Big Worm,

I am hoping to add the Boss 302 (1970/2013) style stripes to my 2015 GT. But I would omit the text "Boss 302" because in fact it is not a Boss. But I like the style. Instead of the Boss 302 text I am looking at a satin silver billet 302 emblem which I would put on the hood ridge. The problem is the OEM 5.0 emblem on the fender. How to remove AND plug the holes and paint and then put the stripes on? Can any decent body shop do this? Or do I have to do it myself. But I will probably screw it up. I am one of those who loves fast cars (especially Mustangs) but have trouble with the business end of a screwdriver.

P.S.The car is Magnetic GT Premium (non-PP). I would add matte black Boss 302 style stripes. Very subtle.
Sponsored

CTStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Preimium, PP, Manual, Magnetic
Waxing question on your matte black stripes.

The black we use for matte black is more of a satin black than a matte black. The satin black has a lot more durable finish, shows finger prints and small surface scratches less. We have free samples available if you would like to see the matte black in person, PM or email me your mailing address and I'll mail some samples out.
Hi,

I really like the new Snake stripe for the Mustang's!

Quick question, when using a paste wax, etc... is it fine to wax over the matte black stripes or is that a problem vs. waxing over your satin stripes?
I prefer the matte black for my 2015 Magnetic.

Thanks,
Dave

OP
OP
BigWormGraphix

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
Hi Big Worm,

I am hoping to add the Boss 302 (1970/2013) style stripes to my 2015 GT. But I would omit the text "Boss 302" because in fact it is not a Boss. But I like the style. Instead of the Boss 302 text I am looking at a satin silver billet 302 emblem which I would put on the hood ridge. The problem is the OEM 5.0 emblem on the fender. How to remove AND plug the holes and paint and then put the stripes on? Can any decent body shop do this? Or do I have to do it myself. But I will probably screw it up. I am one of those who loves fast cars (especially Mustangs) but have trouble with the business end of a screwdriver.

P.S.The car is Magnetic GT Premium (non-PP). I would add matte black Boss 302 style stripes. Very subtle.
The Boss style stripes are something we are working on for the 2015 Mustangs, hopefully we will have some pictures of what they will look like by mid September.

Unfortunately there isn't an easy solution of filling the holes. I would check around with different shops, make sure they know what they are doing.

OP
OP
BigWormGraphix

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

I really like the new Snake stripe for the Mustang's!

Quick question, when using a paste wax, etc... is it fine to wax over the matte black stripes or is that a problem vs. waxing over your satin stripes?
I prefer the matte black for my 2015 Magnetic.

Thanks,
Dave
Paste waxes are bad for all vinyl, it will leave stains and dry the vinyl out (which causes it to age twice as fast). You can use a spray wax directly on the vinyl and it will protect it just like a paste wax, except you will have to apply it on a more regular basis (which is an easy, quick process). We recommend the Meguiar's Ulimate Quik Detailer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigWormGraphix

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Thanks Big Worm. I will definitely look forward to seeing the Boss 302 style stripes for my 2015 Mustang in mid-September.

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
Hello BigWormGraphix -
I wanted to do a over the top Mohawk strip on my black mustang - i have already emailed you on this and you said you can make the color combination i requested, thanks for that.. just wanted to see if you have any pics of that combination that you can share here -
Mohawk stripe - with Matte Black and Matte dark red / burgundy pin stripe -
i do not want regular red as it might be flamboyant and i want to have an elegant look.. would like to know your thoughts as well !!

OP
OP
BigWormGraphix

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
Hello BigWormGraphix -
I wanted to do a over the top Mohawk strip on my black mustang - i have already emailed you on this and you said you can make the color combination i requested, thanks for that.. just wanted to see if you have any pics of that combination that you can share here -
Mohawk stripe - with Matte Black and Matte dark red / burgundy pin stripe -
i do not want regular red as it might be flamboyant and i want to have an elegant look.. would like to know your thoughts as well !!
The Mohawk stripe is a new product, so far we only have the 2 pictures. What color is your car? We have matte red, gloss red and burgundy for red colors.

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
The Mohawk stripe is a new product, so far we only have the 2 pictures. What color is your car? We have matte red, gloss red and burgundy for red colors.
Mine is a black with black wheels. I am thinking more of matte red / burgundy on the pin stripe, just dying to see how it would look before actually buying it !!
stang1.jpg

Sponsored

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
so its basically the below look with matte black center and matte red / burgundy pin stripe -
2015-gt-blk-light-gray-mohawk-lrg.jpg

OP
OP
BigWormGraphix

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
so its basically the below look with matte black center and matte red / burgundy pin stripe -
Correct. This is a different stripe, but shows burgundy on a black car.

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
oh so this is how burgundy looks, not bad is this a glossy one?
Do you have dark matte red ones?

OP
OP
BigWormGraphix

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
Correct, burgundy is a gloss color. We have matte red or gloss red, but it is the same color just with a different finish. Below is a link to our color chart:
http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/colorchart.htm
Great, thank you. I believe Matte Red is the one. I read in one of your posts that you would mail a sample if requested, if that's possible can you send me the Matte black and Matte Red samples?
Sponsored