Sponsored

How much should I pay for...

CHAROLLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Guard Green - Premium/Performance
:help:

Hello all. I just made a $500 deposit to ordering my new mustang, and will review the price, etc. with the dealer 2 days from today!

2015 Mustang GT Premium
-Color: Guard
-Tranny: Manual
-Performance Package
-Leather Recaro Seats

The Build&Price configurator on Ford.com has the MSRP at $41,015.

I do qualify for the military incentive of -$500 which puts me at around $40,500.

With that in mind, how much should I actually try to buy the Mustang for?
I'm shooting below MSRP, of course. I just need to know what ballpark range to shoot for, from the more knowledgeable Mustang community.

Thanks!:clap2:
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Much less than that, sign up for the Mustang Club of America for $50 and make sure the dealer will accept X-plan. You should be able save at least $2000 that way with no negotiation. Some people are getting below invoice, however, just by negotiating.

OP
OP

CHAROLLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm.

I read somewhere that you have to have been a member of the Mustang Club of America for at least 60 days for you to receive the x-plan.

Is this true?

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If that's true, you need the x-plan pin when you pick up the vehicle. So you probably have at least 60 days...

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Shoot for $500 under invoice price. See how close you get.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
That's a misconception. You need to have a membership that lasts for at least 60 days. MCA membership is for a year. Semantics.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
If you are a member of Consumer Reports, there is a link for buying and you get directed to certain dealers. I don't know how legitimate it is or if you just get other costs added on, but I was given a price of $1500 below the sticker price

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
That's a misconception. You need to have a membership that lasts for at least 60 days. MCA membership is for a year. Semantics.
The only other person that understands it :thumbsup:

ckenda1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang PP
I believe the best deal is going to be about 9.5% off MSRP which is about $37,118. I think this is about what A plan folks pay. (and yes, it's possible to get this pricing without A plan, but you'll likely need services or offers from USAA, etc).

Second best bet is the X Plan which is probably 7.5% off MSRP. That puts you at about $37,959. X Plan pricing should be right around invoice give or take a couple of hundred dollars.

Keep in mind that this is all before tax, tag and title.

As soon as dealer stock shows up I think we are going to see a repeat of 2005 where cars are marked up 5-7k over MSRP for months. A couple of dealers in my area even told me that that is what they plan on doing.

Personally, I'd say anything in the range of $37,500 and $38,500 is ideal for your car.

Good Luck!

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
:help:

Hello all. I just made a $500 deposit to ordering my new mustang, and will review the price, etc. with the dealer 2 days from today!

2015 Mustang GT Premium
-Color: Guard
-Tranny: Manual
-Performance Package
-Leather Recaro Seats

The Build&Price configurator on Ford.com has the MSRP at $41,015.

I do qualify for the military incentive of -$500 which puts me at around $40,500.

With that in mind, how much should I actually try to buy the Mustang for?
I'm shooting below MSRP, of course. I just need to know what ballpark range to shoot for, from the more knowledgeable Mustang community.

Thanks!:clap2:
X-Plan
GT Premium.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

CHAROLLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my pin for x-plan.

Thanks all for the feedback. I got what I needed from this thread - ballpark range for buyout price.

Can't tell you guys how helpful you all were, esp. the guy that provided screenshot.

:clap2::headbang::ford::hail:

ckenda1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang PP
RUN! Don't walk!
I already got mine for well below invoice so I am good. But I do remember in 2005 that there wasn't a dealer in central MD that didn't mark up.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Hmm.

I read somewhere that you have to have been a member of the Mustang Club of America for at least 60 days for you to receive the x-plan.

Is this true?
No. As soon as you have your membership number, you can follow the links on the MCA site to generate an X-Plan PIN. I did it about two weeks after I joined, but then got my car for dead invoice, which is about $175 less than X-Plan on a $40,000 GT Premium. Figure about 7% off MSRP. There is a spreadsheet on this site that calculates invoice and X-Plan prices for you. It's in one of the sticky threads.
Sponsored