Sponsored

Lets make a list (Exhaust Combo Volume,drone)

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
So every day a new topic on which exhaust has no drone and how loud it is , so lets make a list of all popular exhaust combos in order from Loudest and put drone level at cruise speed 50-80mph and lets see if its gona come together, Im gona update using your help and please tell me if I made a mistake but Im gona start with 5 and keep adding them, roush I had them w/stock res,later hpipe and now o/r longtubes hpipe.

Volume 1- stock , 10 neighbors hating you from a mile away
Drone 0,no drone, 3 -kinda there but not annoying, 10 drones alot

- Roush ab (h-pipe, o/r longtubes) volume 10 drone 3
- Corsa Extreme( hpipe,or longtubes) 10 ?
- Mbrp race catback (Mak cat delete) 10 8
- Borla Atak( hpipe,or longtubes) 8 2
- Arh sytem (h-pipe o/r longtubes) 8 0
- Roush ab (hpipe res delete, stock cats ) 7 0
- Borla S-Type (mishimoto h-pipe) 6 0
- Roush ab (stock res,stock cats ) 5 0
- Gt500 Ab (x-pipe) 4 0
- Corsa Sport Ab 4 0
- Pypes Street Pro Ab 4 0
- Borla S-Type catback 4 1
- Borla Touring catback 3 1

You can review this list at any time and please comment if you feel like one should be placed differently
Sponsored

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Roush AB, res delete and stock cats....7 and no drone??? This is only gonna end up with people getting setups based on opinions and no facts which they will end up hating. I consider my car a 7 with no drone and I think that setup is considerably louder than mine.

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
Drone is subjective, some people consider a certain type of exhaust to have drone while others would say there is no drone at all. The Roush Axleback is a perfect example, I have a Roush Axleback with an X-Pipe and based on your scale for drone, I would say I have a rating of 2 at ~1200 rpms but my car is an auto with 3.55 gears. There is another thread about the Roush AB with the X-Pipe and there were many people that stated that it's extremely loud, however there is no drone but they had a manual with a gearing of either 3.55 or 3.73. There is alot of variability which can affect the drone factor; type of transmission, gear ratio, your tolerance to noise etc.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I think this has good intentions but real life decibal ratings would be better and drone is subjective and more rpm dependant. And even decibal ratings can be off as difference frequencies can come across much more pronounced.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Solo Performance Mach XV - 1 on the drone scale (narrow window), 6/10 on the loudness scale (pretty loud when you're mashing it). It also sounds better than all catbacks and axlebacks that I have heard on the Mustang so far... but I'm biased. :)

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Roush ab with an H-pipe and o/r longtubes only rated at a 3 for drone??? lol I highly doubt that.

Also the Corsa Extreme is a full cat-back which comes with a double X pipe and there is no H-pipe option, but with o/r longtubes it would definitely be a 10 volume-wise

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Zero drone with Roush axle backs and H pipe! And I would give it a 7 on loudest. Since most of this setups are not loud till after 3k rmps. Once you add off road headers then these setups get loud. Don't give people the wrong idea on a setup since sound is different for everyonek. I had MBRP street , Borla s type and now Roush axles backs all with H pipes. These setups have zero drone!

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Roush AB, res delete and stock cats....7 and no drone??? This is only gonna end up with people getting setups based on opinions and no facts which they will end up hating. I consider my car a 7 with no drone and I think that setup is considerably louder than mine.
I had no drone at cruise speeds on this setup, you can hear the exhaust if you listen for it but I drove in a 2014,res delete and roush ab and it had noticeable drone but again they are setup differently

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I think this has good intentions but real life decibal ratings would be better and drone is subjective and more rpm dependant. And even decibal ratings can be off as difference frequencies can come across much more pronounced.
Would it work to put drone as low and high, because you got to admit that some exhaust setups drone alot and really noticeable to everybody

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Roush ab with an H-pipe and o/r longtubes only rated at a 3 for drone??? lol I highly doubt that.

Also the Corsa Extreme is a full cat-back which comes with a double X pipe and there is no H-pipe option, but with o/r longtubes it would definitely be a 10 volume-wise
Roush ab and Hpipe or headers , I have this setup and it doesn't drone and if its does it very low on the scale, Ive had so many exhaust setups on previous year mustang and Ive had drone setups and this one is seriously really tame on the drone scale, that Im sure off

Sponsored
OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Is there any post with decibel proof on the loudest setups ? Like which one is really louder, Roush or Corsa Extreme? Or equal with a different tone to them?

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
GT500s and X-pipe: Probably a 5 on the loud scale (considerably louder than stock but not obnoxious). 0 on the drone scale.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I've got Borla S Tyoe catback. Volume is a 6 drone is 1. Cold start is 8.

I think some people confuse exhaust noise with drone. There is some noise cruising but not that annoying hum.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa Sport Axleback. Volume is about 5-6, drone 0.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Borla Touring Catback Volume 5, drone 1
Sponsored