DEADZONE of steering wheel?

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
The deazone of mustang steering wheel has annoyed me for long time, and its kinda feel like a SUV.

Do you guys know which mods could help to eliminate dead zone of steering wheel or change steering ratio to 15:1 or even tighter?

:cheers: thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Heard someone say adjusting the toe but I agree, I wish it was different. The Infiniti G35's had an awesome dz, just pinky touch and it went nicely.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
You in sport mode brah?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Deadzone is front toe and is correctable with an alignment.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Base model? Nothing you can do.
PP? Put it in sport

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Its the electric steering that's what I perceive it to be. If I saw the wheel L/R rapidly I get a deadspot where it briefly doesn't feel quite right. Small enough to be just annoying and not an "issue" to me.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What is your recommendation for adjusting front toe ? thanks:thumbsup:
Get it checked at an alignment shop and have them set it closer to 0 front toe. Too much front toe-in can cause this deadzone. 0 toe is what I run but I dont mind it a little twitchy. Just a slight abount of total front toe in like 0.1" should be good for most people.

Wider front tires would help too (if you're currently staggered)

Sponsored
OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
thanks man! I really appreciate your advice.

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Get it checked at an alignment shop and have them set it closer to 0 front toe. Too much front toe-in can cause this deadzone. 0 toe is what I run but I dont mind it a little twitchy. Just a slight abount of total front toe in like 0.1" should be good for most people.

Wider front tires would help too (if you're currently staggered)
thanks man! I really appreciate your advice.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Base model? Nothing you can do.
PP? Put it in sport

how exactly the sport mode on the PP will change the actual steering ratio? Isn't it just electronics making the steering feel heavier?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
As other have stated, set the front toe to 0 and that will do it. It won't however change you right overall turning radius.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Thread on this. Pretty much echo'd here: Wider front track (whether its tires, offset increase or spacers), neutral to toe out are the solutions.

Also stiffer front springs and shocks, front sways, tires with a stiffer sidewall.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59728&highlight=steering+response

I did the sways and end link and didnt notice much from a steering response perspective (lean OTOH is mostly purged). I will report back once I install my 285/35 front tires tomm (and 5 mm spacers for front) on 40 offset 19x9.5 wheels. I am not sure if this combo actually widens the front track of my car compared to OEM PP.

Also, I have Proactions and GT350R springs on order + alignment planned. If those make a diff to response I will let you know.

I think other than the slop in the rear end, the steering response (slow ratio) is this cars biggest shortcoming. From what I'm hearing both can be addressed, and the response can be improved without changing the rack (there is no solution of the rack anyway).

Matt Farah from smoking tire seemed very happy with the response of some modded S550's he drove. They seemed to have wider fronts and/or spacers and alignment. He seems to care about steering response and brakes from all the videos I've seen of him and he gives a thumbs up to the modded S550's, it means it can be fixed :p.

I can attest to fixing the slop in the rear with the mods I've done. Much more info from the rear and hardly any increase in NVH.
Sponsored