Sponsored

Off Road Long Tubes with resonator in place... how's it sound?

GT500Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT A6
My next mod will probably be a set of Long tubes... I want maximum power gains with minimal money spent (like everybody else), so I was thinking of going with the Off Road headers and deleting the converters. Question is, how loud will it get in the car for normal driving? Current exhaust setup is SLP Loudmouth II axle backs, and I will leave the resonator in place. Will the resonator kill some of the interior noise or will it still wake the dead??... I remember my 07 GT500 was obnoxious after the long tubes. Looking for some feedback... thanks!
Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Im wondering the same thing, but I guess it will tame it down quite a bit since it did really wake up my roush ab when i replaced it with an hpipe.
I just installed longtubes o/r hpipe Roush ab, its really loud but no drone in 6th at cruising speeds, but Im wondering what the sound and volume difference is gona be as well

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
I have Stainless works long tubes with Cats into stock resonator with Ford performance axel backs.
Sounds great under hard throttle but still quite enough to listen to the radio in town with the top down. No drone at any speeds and very impressive when opene up.
Has a cold air kit with GT350 intake a custom tune makes. 440 hp at 7500 rpm.
The shop that set up my car feel the resonator is key to controlling drone and only cost you 3-5 hp at higher rpm.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Has anyone actually dyno'd the loss with the resonator? I'm just curious how much it would be on a LT/intake mani car

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I just fitted a set of long tubes with free flow cats and the standard exhaust...

Noise levels were very close to standard.... a bit more volume but not much..

I'm now running the same set up but with the Borla touring with Borla resonator and mufflers and it sounds like this.... but remember this ain't much louder than with the standard set up

[ame]

Sponsored

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
when I got my catless LT's put on I had an H-pipe resonator delete. I made it about a week before I was scrambling to fix the horrible rasp sound it gave me with the stock mufflers. I had the local muffler shop weld my resonator back in and I'm very happy with it. At cruise it sounds nearly stock but opens up nicely as you get into the throttle. It's slightly louder at cold start but I no longer feel guilty creeping through the neighborhood early in the morning.

Long story short, for me without a resonator it wasn't the volume that bothered me it was the horrible rasp. Granted I had stock mufflers where you don't.

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
I run stainless works headers with solo performance thunder which has a mid resonator...sounds amazing in my opinion. Is it loud, yes, but a very refined sound.

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
The shop who did my work did swap out a stock resonator for a guy and it gained 3 hp going to a X pipe.
Sponsored