Scoops and vents - stupid question

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I normally try to avoid getting water, salt, dirt, hedgehogs etc in my engine compartment. So what happens when you have scoops and vents?
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I normally try to avoid getting water, salt, dirt, hedgehogs etc in my engine compartment. So what happens when you have scoops and vents?
cc:
[MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION]

My guess would be water drips into the engine compartment from the vents rain cleaning etc. The scoop depends, the roush scoop you can fit ontop of the stock hood without cutting, it's just a visual improvement. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
slowhand99

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
cc:
[MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION]

My guess would be water drips into the engine compartment from the vents rain cleaning etc. The scoop depends, the roush scoop you can fit ontop of the stock hood without cutting, it's just a visual improvement. :thumbsup:
I don't do fakery. If I have vents, they'll vent. :)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I don't do fakery. If I have vents, they'll vent. :)
Haha vents will vent, but scoops (like the roush one [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] has) wont have any ingress... they have grilles on them, but obviously water will get in there :thumbsup:

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Haha vents will vent, but scoops (like the roush one [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] has) wont have any ingress... they have grilles on them, but obviously water will get in there :thumbsup:
Hood scoop is fakery, so I guess you wont be having one.

Have not noticed an water ingress from vents and seeing as they are standard equipment on US cars I would guess they are designed not to allow it or fitted where it does not matter. I will have a look later

OP
OP
slowhand99

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Hood scoop is fakery, so I guess you wont be having one.

Have not noticed an water ingress from vents and seeing as they are standard equipment on US cars I would guess they are designed not to allow it or fitted where it does not matter. I will have a look later
Thanks [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION]; my comment was mainly Manders baiting ;). Your scoop looks amazing, but I know you cut your vents in which means you have bigger balls than anyone else on this forum. I was thinking hood replacement so everything would be functional (funny what a few stone chips can lead onto). I know a drifter whose hood vents allowed so much rainwater in it knackered his electrics so I was intrigued to find out how the Mustang avoids this.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
There is no water that gets into the hood vents, the way they are shaped, makes it very difficult to get water in, even on a jetwash, its fairy dry

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Thanks [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION]; my comment was mainly Manders baiting ;). Your scoop looks amazing, but I know you cut your vents in which means you have bigger balls than anyone else on this forum. I was thinking hood replacement so everything would be functional (funny what a few stone chips can lead onto). I know a drifter whose hood vents allowed so much rainwater in it knackered his electrics so I was intrigued to find out how the Mustang avoids this.
No offence was taken, I know there are plenty of people that dont fit stuff unless it works so wouldn't bother me anyway.

Yeh, cutting the vents in was a big step to take but I have trust in the guy that did it. I will check out the water ingress.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No offence was taken, I know there are plenty of people that dont fit stuff unless it works so wouldn't bother me anyway.

Yeh, cutting the vents in was a big step to take but I have trust in the guy that did it. I will check out the water ingress.
spray water in there, then open the hood up and see....

Actually, would it not just soak into the giant foam 'heatproof' thing we have in the bonnet anyway?
Sponsored