Sponsored

Will JMS petalmax do anything after a good tune?

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Will my throttle response be even better? Is it worth it to get a JMS petalmax after a Lund tune?
Sponsored

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Nope throw it away. Waste of money after a tune

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I don't think you will need it but I've never used a PedalMax. On my Lund tune my throttle response is way better.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I'm not sure if any of you actually tried the pedalmax and Lund tune together, but the tune doesn't drastically alter the throttle response. Supposedly you can specifically ask for even more throttle response on top of lunds tune.

But yes the pedalmax gives you even better throttle response after tune. I daily drive a Lund tuned automatic in sport+ mode with the pedalmax set to 100%. Yes, sometimes it's overly sensitive, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm not sure if any of you actually tried the pedalmax and Lund tune together, but the tune doesn't drastically alter the throttle response. Supposedly you can specifically ask for even more throttle response on top of lunds tune.

But yes the pedalmax gives you even better throttle response after tune. I daily drive a Lund tuned automatic in sport+ mode with the pedalmax set to 100%. Yes, sometimes it's overly sensitive, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
You can do anything the pedalmax can in the tune, most tuners don't turn it up as aggressive bc it makes the car really jumpy with the lightest touch of the throttle. I tend to make normal mode drive like sport, and sport will be set to go all out.

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
I have the Lund FF tune. I stopped using the Pedalmax. The tune's throttle response is perfect! So now I have a 300$ paper weight.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the Lund FF tune. I stopped using the Pedalmax. The tune's throttle response is perfect! So now I have a 300$ paper weight.
They sell quickly on this site.

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I liked my pedalmax with my Lund tune. I did try it before the tune and after. The Lund tune did not have the same response by itself. I eventually put the pill in to reduce the effect of the pedalmax because it was a bit aggressive with small throttle inputs. This was actually dangerous mid corner especially with cold tires. Then what sealed the deal for me was when after only about a year the pedalmax started causing the wrench icon to light up on the dash and put the car into limp mode when at full throttle. That ruined an afternoon driving over an hour worrying the whole way home. Then I disconnected the pedalmax and never had another problem. I am just fine with the response the tune achieves without worrying about a throttle related component failing.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Pedalmax doesnt help throttle response
Totally disagree with this. I have pedal max and lund flex fuel tune, but haven't tried them together. The tune did give slightly better throttle response but i can feel there is still some delay at the throttle body. I even cleaned my throttle body and using catch can.

With pedal max there was no delay but the car was way too jumpy. You have to adjust it to like 50 60% with the knob. I don't think tune can replace the functionality of the pedal max. What tune does for you is that it adjusts the throttle position, similar to sport plus mode. Pedal max on the otherhand does the same thing but somehow also makes the input signal travel faster and the throttle body opens up immediately. I m guessing it alters the frequency of the signal.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Totally disagree with this. I have pedal max and lund flex fuel tune, but haven't tried them together. The tune did give slightly better throttle response but i can feel there is still some delay at the throttle body. I even cleaned my throttle body and using catch can.

With pedal max there was no delay but the car was way too jumpy. You have to adjust it to like 50 60% with the knob. I don't think tune can replace the functionality of the pedal max. What tune does for you is that it adjusts the throttle position, similar to sport plus mode. Pedal max on the otherhand does the same thing but somehow also makes the input signal travel faster and the throttle body opens up immediately. I m guessing it alters the frequency of the signal.

And that's why that company is in business. Lol. Omg

All you have to do is ask your tunner to change the tables in the tune to 100% and it does the same dam thing as the pedal max.

Pedal max is good if you don't want a tune but a waste after words lol get over it

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
And that's why that company is in business. Lol. Omg

All you have to do is ask your tunner to change the tables in the tune to 100% and it does the same dam thing as the pedal max.

Pedal max is good if you don't want a tune but a waste after words lol get over it
Can I have on the fly adjustability with a tune? No. Not without waiting for tune revisions.

Now, I'll be honest, I don't really adjust my sensitivity much, but I do dial it down or turn it off when I take my car in for service or have someone else drive the car.

Most people like to bash the pedalmax, but it works and does what it says it does.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Pedalmax doesnt help throttle response
Wrong answer. Vastly improved the driving experience for me. Throttle response on these cars is a DOG. Only time i turn it of is when my wife drives it.
Sponsored