Largest usb on sync 3

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hey guys, can anyone help me with this dilemma I'm having... I want to know if I can use a 128gb usb or a 1tb hdd. Can anyone shed some light on this please. What's the largest type of storage media I can use on the sync 3? Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Spotify.

No need to onsite storage. Biggest music collection in the world all tied up into a nice and easy to use app inc support on AA/ACP

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Spotify.

No need to onsite storage. Biggest music collection in the world all tied up into a nice and easy to use app inc support on AA/ACP
Can you please clarify, I'm a little confused... cheers

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Its an app/site called Spotify. It gives you access to the biggest online music library in the world. Its free if you dont mind limited features otherwise its 12 bucks a month. You can store music offline if you wanted as well.

It is literally gods gift to your earholes.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Its an app/site called Spotify. It gives you access to the biggest online music library in the world. Its free if you dont mind limited features otherwise its 12 bucks a month. You can store music offline if you wanted as well.

It is literally gods gift to your earholes.
Hey mate, do I just download the app from the sync 3 on the car? If I do that, how do I get an Internet connection to stream music?

Sponsored

Reddnax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MV5TNG
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible Magnetic
Hey mate, do I just download the app from the sync 3 on the car? If I do that, how do I get an Internet connection to stream music?
you need to have a fairly new android phone or iPhone with the Spotify app installed and connect it to your car via USB. the app should pop up on 'connected apps'. it uses your mobile phone data to play.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You'll be using your phones data.
I calculate that you should be able to fit 2400 songs (or thereabouts) on an 8Gb USB drive. How many songs do you want? :shrug:
Also, if you're going that way (storage), YouTube downloader is an awesome way to get free tunes onto your USB very quickly.

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
I'm using 128GB USB and Sync3 reads it just fine. The problem is navigation through the massive amount of songs on it... But I did not play with Sync3 enough to see if there is an easy way to do that, usually listening to my Borla's anyway :)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The OP question was not about the existence of music streaming services but if you can hook up a 1TB HDD. I'm interested in the answer to that as well.

Reactions: PKs

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Yea! I installed an SVE X-pipe and it play's a great tune! I use an 8 gig usb with 256 quality mp3 recorded jams from my laptop files.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Well I have a few 64gb usb sticks full of music... I want to try clean up my files and throw everything on one stick or hdd.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Well I have a few 64gb usb sticks full of music... I want to try clean up my files and throw everything on one stick or hdd.
Try using this software for cleaning up the ID3 tags: www.mp3tag.de

With correct Artist, Title and Album tags in your files you can play up to 5000 tracks by voice command.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey guys, can anyone help me with this dilemma I'm having... I want to know if I can use a 128gb usb or a 1tb hdd. Can anyone shed some light on this please. What's the largest type of storage media I can use on the sync 3? Thanks in advance guys.
I'm using a 128GB USB flash drive (picture below). Hard drives or solid state drives could be a problem for a few reasons: (1) not enough power power from the USB ports in the car, (2) capacity might exceed what Sync is designed for, (3) Sync may not be programmed for them - HDs and SSDs do not look and act the same as flash drives to the host.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I am interested as well. I like to store my music as flac files which are much larger than mp3s and therefore require larger drives. Sync 3 is meant to be capable of indexing 50,000 songs per usb device for up to 10 devices. If a typical size flac track is 30mb, 50,000 tracks would be 1,500gb. Has anyone tried to hook up a 1tb drive to see if it is recognised.
Using phone data to downloasd is not an option for me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/PP
I am interested as well. I like to store my music as flac files which are much larger than mp3s and therefore require larger drives. Sync 3 is meant to be capable of indexing 50,000 songs per usb device for up to 10 devices. If a typical size flac track is 30mb, 50,000 tracks would be 1,500gb. Has anyone tried to hook up a 1tb drive to see if it is recognised.
Using phone data to downloasd is not an option for me.
According to the 2016 Owner's manual:
Note: The system is capable of indexing up to 15,000 songs.
It doesn't list a max size recognized, but does mention:
Confirm that the USB device has been formatted correctly and has the following specifications:
• USB 2.0.
• File format must be FAT16/32.
Fat32 may become a restriction on size depending on your OS.
Sponsored