Sponsored

Anyone running power stop z26 pads on base GT?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Wanted to try these pads. Heard good reviews on the net. At the moment I am on oem base GT pads and calipers. I am looking for little bit better stopping power and more initial bite. I will be also changing out the rotors to centric high carbon alloy.

Thanks for your feedback
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I have a set of them, but I haven't installed them yet.

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
I actually just ordered the Z26 pads for my GTPP. They should arrive in the next couple days. I've heard good things about them and they're very reasonably priced. Actually, they're SO reasonably priced that I won't mind replacing them if I don't end up liking them. That's actually the entire reason I purchased them first instead of a different pad that I haven't ever tried personally like the Hawk HPS 5.0's or CarboTech 1521. I figure the PowerStop pads are so cheap it won't be a big deal to replace them if they end up being junk.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
In for some feedback. I am close to ordering the entire z26 rotor and pad kit for my car. Seems to have good reviews from Mustang owners online.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nice find. These will probably be what I go to when it's time to replace pads. I don't want drilled rotors though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How about the track day pads? Can it be used for dd?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How about the track day pads? Can it be used for dd?
I wouldn't. They might work OK, but will squeal and lack bite in regular street driving.

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Is the price on Rock Auto for each set or for all four (front or back)?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Fine for the road. Not suitable for a road course. The same model did not survive but 4 laps on a road course in my Subaru Legacy, but they were fine on the street. I'll probably get these for street pads once my stock dust-creation-units run out.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Fine for the road. Not suitable for a road course. The same model did not survive but 4 laps on a road course in my Subaru Legacy, but they were fine on the street. I'll probably get these for street pads once my stock dust-creation-units run out.
Great to know. Thanks.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Also, you can get Z23, which has a rubberized backing, which will probably eliminate squealing. Z26 has a metal backing - thus can handle more heat - but more likely to make noise than a rubberized backing. I doubt they will, but... they are both the same friction material. Z23 are a little cheaper for some reason.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm actually going to be running their Track Day pads in my next two track events to see how they do. They included separate rotors, as well. You can actually buy a kit that has Z26 pads, the track day pads, and new rotors so you can switch to the Z26 after you finish your track day and not drive home on track pads. We'll see how they do... honestly not going to hope for much given how inexpensive they are and I'm bringing Brembo pads I have just in case they suck.
Sponsored