Sponsored

Any dyno graphs with Comp cr Stg 3 cams?

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I'd like to see some graphs with the cams before I buy to see where the power goes up and where it loses
Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I know Dominant1 has a dyno of his build with comp stage 3's but he did a bunch of mods at once when they were installed. He doesn't have a good before/after dyno comparison just the results at the end of his mod list. I know he made 470's through the automatic with his set up. I don't believe there was much torque loss if any. I believe they are worth about 20-30rwhp depending on setup NA. It's a lot of money for that amount of power but when your searching for every last hp NA and you are tearing it apart to do opg and cg anyway it makes sense.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Here's one from my S197 with limiters. Don't use the limiters, lol.

460whp = FBO
500whp = Cams

4lo8d5.jpg

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I know Dominant1 has a dyno of his build with comp stage 3's but he did a bunch of mods at once when they were installed. He doesn't have a good before/after dyno comparison just the results at the end of his mod list. I know he made 470's through the automatic with his set up. I don't believe there was much torque loss if any. I believe they are worth about 20-30rwhp depending on setup NA. It's a lot of money for that amount of power but when your searching for every last hp NA and you are tearing it apart to do opg and cg anyway it makes sense.
Yea I've been talking to him about the setup he has.
So far not one person can provide me with an actual graph which really sucks.
People always want to verify things before they make a move especially one costing 3000$

Sponsored

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Here's one from my S197 with limiters. Don't use the limiters, lol.

460whp = FBO
500whp = Cams

4lo8d5.jpg
Thanks for that.
I know the 2015 doesn't need the limiters but this graph is exactly why I want to see a graph. That low end loss is huge! Lack of limiters will help keep the loss down but the fact is that cams change the powerband by moving it so there will be a loss always, but how much and where...

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
That is some messed up torque curve!! So with the cam setup there is no smooth power gain? Is it because of the displacement is too small or what?

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
That is some messed up torque curve!! So with the cam setup there is no smooth power gain? Is it because of the displacement is too small or what?
It's how cams work, you select a cam on where you want the power to be. Sometimes you gain all over but most of the time you are just moving the powerband around to a certain rpm band.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Also remember the S550 has a better cam set up stock so the gain will be less most likely.

Sponsored

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
It's because of the limiters and the tune. Both killed power down low. On the S550s you don't have to run limiters. The curve would look MUCH better down low. Again, don't run the limiters, LOL.

Thanks for that.
I know the 2015 doesn't need the limiters but this graph is exactly why I want to see a graph. That low end loss is huge! Lack of limiters will help keep the loss down but the fact is that cams change the powerband by moving it so there will be a loss always, but how much and where...
Avoiding limiters will dramatically increase the low end from what you see in my old dyno. A friend had a similar setup but no limiters (stage 1 intake? and stage 3 exhaust comp cams) and his low end chart was 10x better than mine. I asked the shop to avoid using the limiters, but they went ahead and did it anyway. Not my choice. I wasn't happy at the time.

It's how cams work, you select a cam on where you want the power to be. Sometimes you gain all over but most of the time you are just moving the powerband around to a certain rpm band.
For sure, there would still likely be some low end loss even without limiters, but an S550 curve would look much better under 4.5k.

Those are stage 3 cams?
Correct, Comp Stage 3 on an S197.

Last edited:

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
RevAuto dyno tuned it and did the cam/opg install.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Were you running a cobra jet intake?
Full setup was this:

2014 Ford Mustang 5.0 6MT Base

Engine:
Ported Cobra Jet Intake Manifold - 19k miles
Monoblade Throttle Body (123mm) - 19k miles
RevAuto 5" Intake w/heatshield - 19k miles
Comp Stage 3 Cams - 24k miles
Trickflow Springs - 24k miles
TSS Oil Pump Gears - 24k miles
Replacement Phaser Bolts - 24k miles
OEM Spark Plugs - 24k miles
ATI Damper - 28k miles
RevAuto Dyno Tune

Exhaust:
Kooks Longtubes headers 1 7/8"- 22k miles
Kooks O/R x-pipe - 22k miles
MBRP Street Catback - 25k miles
Bassani Catback - 28k miles

Transmission:
McLeod RST - 8k miles
McLeod Aluminum Flywheel - 8k miles
RevAuto metal stopshift - 8k miles
Liberty custom bronze shift pads - 8k miles
Shaftmasters Aluminum DS - 20k miles

Differential:
Switched from factory 3.31 to FRPP 3.73 - 16k miles

Weight:
3300lbs without me in it, 3500 race weight on 17" Race Stars up front, and 15x10 Race Stars in the back (275 Nitto 555R), and some small weight reduction items.
Sponsored