Sponsored

4 point harnesses; Schroth, etc.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I did my first HPDE in the GT350R this past weekend and it was awesome. Contrary to my prior concerns, I was able to fit in the car comfortably with a helmet with just a bit of slouch.

The biggest problem I faced under high lateral loads was getting displaced from the seat. I'm 6'4" and 220 and I tend to sit atop the Recaros rather than deep in them. During sustained turns I had to brace myself against the door with my knee. Tightening the stock seatbelt then moving the seat forward a few clicks helped, but it loosened over the course of a session. I'm considering a Schroth QuickFit Pro or similar 4 point setup to hold me in the seats better.

My question: do 4 point harnesses hold your hips and legs in the bottom cushion better than the stock belts?
Sponsored

Bingo13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350R, '16 GT350 TRP, '18 GT PP2, '03 Cobra
I did my first HPDE in the GT350R this past weekend and it was awesome. Contrary to my prior concerns, I was able to fit in the car comfortably with a helmet with just a bit of slouch.

The biggest problem I faced under high lateral loads was getting displaced from the seat. I'm 6'4" and 220 and I tend to sit atop the Recaros rather than deep in them. During sustained turns I had to brace myself against the door with my knee. Tightening the stock seatbelt then moving the seat forward a few clicks helped, but it loosened over the course of a session. I'm considering a Schroth QuickFit Pro or similar 4 point setup to hold me in the seats better.

My question: do 4 point harnesses hold your hips and legs in the bottom cushion better than the stock belts?
Yes. :thumbsup:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Absolutely. So you won't get tired either!

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
the Quickfit Pro is a great system if you dont want to go full-on rollbar with wraparround belts. People will say it's not a good idea to track a car with 4 point belt without a rollbar... I decided to install a WR roll bar and 4 point Schroth Profi II harnesses.
Sponsored