Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No its 2017's that are being shipped now.

2018 won't be tested until later

No, it appears they really have tested the '18 already! (from 2m 20secs features a black '18)

[ame]

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
But now it will have to be tested to Euro NCAP 2018 test not last years test. Every year the test becomes harder. Due to the coupe roof and 2 doors it will be limited to 3 stars max based on the 18 test suite. Only cure would be to raise the roof line and add rear doors.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I have said this before. If you are worried about the safety rating, buy a Volvo.

Nobody has ever bought a Mustang because it won as logical/practical choice. Its an emotional decision and you have to be a little bit crazy to buy one.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
No, it appears they really have tested the '18 already! (from 2m 20secs features a black '18)

Thanks.

The MY17 is 3 star now, but who honestly cares ?

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Seems a lot of additional effort for an "in production" car to gain an extra star in a disparate testing process. Airbags and restraints I agree with but the rest could have waited until MY18.
How d'ya like them apples pedestrians ;)

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
To be fair Ford have responded very rapidly (for Ford) to address some of the issues raised by NCAP, so clearly NCAP opinions hold some sway with Ford management ...... so using that logic can we get NCAP to downgrade the rating to 1 star on the basis that there is no European GT350R?! :thumbsup:

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Is anyone clear on whether this applies to run out MY17 models? I'm due to pick up my new replacement car in a couple of weeks so would be nice to know!

Edit, this is taken from the NCAP website

The Ford Mustang has been reassessed following changes made to the latest version. Cars which can be ordered from July 2017 onwards are equipped as standard with Ford's Pre Collision Assist (with Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking) and Lane Keeping Aid. Structurally, the new vehicle is identical to the last, so this assessment uses the crash tests performed previously. The restraint system has been updated to prevent the airbag bottoming out for driver and passenger. In addition, the automatic airbag deactivation now meets Euro NCAP's requirements.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I don't believe they've applied any of those gizmos to the 2017 RHD run. The tests of the extra 'safety' aids in the film were all on a 2018. Cars that can be ordered from July 2017 onwards are all 2018's, no?

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Yep, our '17s are as lethal as the ones before.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
what they maybe infering is for the MY18s.... MY15/16/17 all have exactly the same stuff in them. (at least UK based). Just bare in mind ENCAP used a US base spec car for these.

Chillicat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DS5
I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago and am delighted to report that when sat in the passenger seat driving across a vast open field, aka temporary event car park there were no annoying beeps, bongs or other noises telling me I was about to die in a 10mph impact!!

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Got Which? magazine through the door today with the new and used car guide, they don't recommend a mustang because of the ncrap. Despite getting a higher rating in all else, just seems that they are saying that the Mustang is a child killer :lol:

I'm glad, it'll put even more people off buying one, despite the fact probably 95% of owners don't put children in them :D. Anyone for fried sandal and brown rice?
Sponsored