OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I am more of a 2d guy but seen this awesome renderings makes me want to give 3d renderings a go. Great stuff. :clap2:
Your sketching style is pretty clean and polished. I like the look.
Sponsored

Dyno

Wow that 3D look is very unique. You never see it in renders. Now we just need some more spy pics to help fill in the roof/rear.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
These renderings look awesome. For the sake of realism can you add a line between bumper and fender?

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Wow that 3D look is very unique. You never see it in renders. Now we just need some more spy pics to help fill in the roof/rear.

Yeah, I meant to do that on my 4-color 'shop. I will flesh my guess on how it transitions to the fender on my 3D. Nobody busted me for not putting in the hoodline on my 3D.

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I figured you were still working on it at that stage since the hoodline is on the last render you attached.

Great work, BTW.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I figured you were still working on it at that stage since the hoodline is on the last render you attached.

Great work, BTW.
Thanks, the over-the-grille cutline is still done in Photoshop because it is a pain to add splines to an existing hood curve. I'll get there, tho.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
JCDesing has inspired me to put the Ecosport headlights on my render. Really turns up the awesome. I think I will model these in.

car-and-driver-magazine-december-2013-cover-toc-inline-678-541-photo-548827-s-original.jpg
NewSnaggen2b.jpg

BlueVenom

Dang you're right that really makes it stand out. I'm loving how it looks so far. :thumbsup:

Ricky35

B-e-a-utiful :headbang:

This is the next best thing to seeing the real thing!

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
chazcron, just curious are you trying to get the general shape down and not try to guess at some of the covered aspects on the hood?

I was hoping that the b&w tape on the hood was covering some vents to give it a little more aggressiveness. What do you think?

EDIT: actually I saw it on your first image that you did in different colors. I'll just let you finish first :p
Now that you mention this, I am thinking 03-04 SVT cobra when saying this. The hood might even have some kind of heat extractor. Instead of one, it appears that it might be just one, just a bit larger. I am a give this idea a go and see how it turns out. That's if I am able to get my original file which I did work, just don't tell my boss otherwise I ll just get the one uploaded here :lol:

Sponsored

pistolpete

Really excellent work !

I think the 13-14 dual heat extractors really gave the GT a nice touch. They may 'reset' it for the 15 tho. Just to give it some extra goodies to add for the model refreshes?

Or maybe what we're looking at is the Cobra... then we could see the entire lineup move slowly adopt that look like they did with the S197.

Interceptor

You have all done a wonderful job, mr. chazcron and others here.

These 3D models are very unique. I will check back for the progress.

MYs197

chazcron, I'm curious what your background is. Have you ever worked with any companies on designing parts for Mustangs or other cars? I know some designers like JohnnyGMachine who posts on this site said he does that kind of work so I was just wondering.

If so, would love to see anything you have worked on in the past. The models look great so far :)
Sponsored