Sponsored

Insurance Surprise

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
i just added the mustang, including all mods to my existing admiral policy - cost me £65 for cover from the 20 Dec > 4th Apr

pretty happy with that
Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Good job he didn't tell them about the stickers :tsk:
You may joke about that... but I had Ageas tried to deny a claim on my company car (which is insured on a full business use policy) because I had a sticker on each door and on the bumper with my company name on it... which they said made it a modified vehicle!

Insurance companies will do anything and everything in their power to avoid settling a claim and IMO are the one of the two legalised extortion rackets, the other being banks (to quote Kurt Weill - “Who is the greater criminal: he who robs a bank or he who founds one?")...

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Mine was 315 last year. Bowled me over considering my old e36 is 200 with the same company.

Renewal is just through at 347 so I guess I've done alright. I'll still ring and try and get it down though.

Privilege BTW.
Just called them and said what could they do.

£311 so a tiny bit cheaper than last year plus no increase if I add a Borla Axle Back.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Just had a quote from esure for stock GT. Amazed at £210!! I'm 53, clean in Gloucester.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I first insured my car I was 26 with a clean license. GT with two mods. £520-ish.

My circumstances have not changed except that I am now 27. Just went and got new quotes and its rocketed skyward to £700.

To say I'm pissed is an understatement. I thought insurance was supposed to get cheaper as you got older? FML.

Sponsored

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
I think the industry still feels it is being ripped off by bogus whiplash claims, and until it gets sorted out prices are going to rise, almost by 25pc in some areas, seen something on the news at the end of 2016 mentioning they are going to cap payouts to like £300 or something to help cut insurance costs.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think the industry still feels it is being ripped off by bogus whiplash claims, and until it gets sorted out prices are going to rise, almost by 25pc in some areas, seen something on the news at the end of 2016 mentioning they are going to cap payouts to like £300 or something to help cut insurance costs.
Yes because the legal, forced, dick turpin needs more money :lol::frusty:

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Renewal through and pleasantly surprised it was £100 cheaper than last year and that's with the mods box saying yes (exhaust covered still then :) ). Quick look around online and even the comparison websites show slightly cheaper than last year but no where near renewal price.....will just let them carry on the cover :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Renewal through and pleasantly surprised it was £100 cheaper than last year and that's with the mods box saying yes (exhaust covered still then :) ). Quick look around online and even the comparison websites show slightly cheaper than last year but no where near renewal price.....will just let them carry on the cover :thumbsup:
Pleasant surprise indeed, i'm expecting a jump from 800 to 1k :rant:
Who was yours with?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Directline wanted £319 last year, modifications declared increased it to £400.

Renewal they want like £520 and are being funny about the remap!

Adrian Flux quoted £490 full cover, including 40k value with all modifications covered and remap along with 60 day European cover.

A-Plan quoted £410.00 again full cover, all mods, 40k value including modifications, legal cover, European cover etc. etc. £350 excess and £50 windscreen excess. 6yr NCB, 7000 miles annual, full comprehensive.

So I went with A-Plan, there might be cheaper out there but they are a good and well known company. :)

P.S. £600 with supercharger declared with upto 700BHP! :D :D :D :D :D

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Pleasant surprise indeed, i'm expecting a jump from 800 to 1k :rant:
Who was yours with?
Esure but just seen that I only have 3rd party for travelling Europe and just on the phone to them now, they said that I would have to add on European cover for the trip each time i.e. the same as travel insurance basically (give duration and country travelling to) to get fully comp insurance.

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] is your 60 day cover FC or TP?

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
A-Plan are the insurance partner for the MOCGB aren't they? They claim to give a discount for being in that. I'll give them a call.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
A-Plan are the insurance partner for the MOCGB aren't they? They claim to give a discount for being in that. I'll give them a call.
Yes I got like a £30-£40 for being an MOCGB member. :)

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I was with Aplan when I had my RS, everything was covered, bigger turbo, injectors everything

Couldn't fault them

Hi there

Directline wanted £319 last year, modifications declared increased it to £400.

Renewal they want like £520 and are being funny about the remap!

Adrian Flux quoted £490 full cover, including 40k value with all modifications covered and remap along with 60 day European cover.

A-Plan quoted £410.00 again full cover, all mods, 40k value including modifications, legal cover, European cover etc. etc. £350 excess and £50 windscreen excess. 6yr NCB, 7000 miles annual, full comprehensive.

So I went with A-Plan, there might be cheaper out there but they are a good and well known company. :)

P.S. £600 with supercharger declared with upto 700BHP! :D :D :D :D :D

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Just got my renewal:thumbsup:

All Mods declared, including remap.....PLUS one extra mod that I'm keeping secret until it's done :lol::lol:

10,000 miles

£282.70..

That'll do nicely:thumbsup::headbang:
Sponsored