Mustang order cycle times - spreadsheet

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
The dealer principle actually rang me up chasing me to sign off the ordering form, saying they need to consolidate all the orders for the month and forward to Ford AU.
I am guessing they will only forward all the orders end of month to Ford AU and Ford AU would probable be doing the same monthly forwarding to Ford USA.
If that's the case, then I can imagine my order will not reach Ford factory 2 months from my date of order
Mustang orders go into an interim 'manual' system for some time before they are entered into the official Ford ordering system. Ford know the date you place the order with the dealer, so there is no reason for you to be penalized for the time of the month your order was placed.
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
....Last discussion with a person at my dealership I found out that going forward each dealership will be given certain number of allocations per month or per year, but ultimately the order still goes through Ford AU and the same people control the list.
I had wondered if that system is already in place. My dealer has taken a very high proportion of the Mustang sales.

We have to expect to wait a long while for our cars, but it should be a fair, equitable wait.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Maybe sort by order date and get some Averages based on:

Order prior to June 2015

Order Between July and Dec 31 2015

Order since Jan 2016

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
National Stock Control number perhaps?
That's it. The hint is when you talk to your dealer and he (or she) has to go and check with the Stock Controller to see if your number has been issued yet.

Sponsored

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
That's it. The hint is when you talk to your dealer and he (or she) has to go and check with the Stock Controller to see if your number has been issued yet.
So you have to nag your dealer to get it? I've been pretty good and only enquired once since I placed the order.

Are you saying I should be more annoying??

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
So you have to nag your dealer to get it? I've been pretty good and only enquired once since I placed the order.

Are you saying I should be more annoying??
Nagging does no good.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, but could someone please explain to me how they receive the NSC and what it means in terms of the order progress?

Thanks.
I've seen evidence that nagging does work, but further up the chain than your dealer, but I digress...

...You can ask your dealer or Ford to provide you the NSC number. Here's Ford Aust on this forum. Send them a private message (link in text box, LH corner of the page): http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/member.php?u=25611

It will not be available until 4-6 months after ordering, depending on how lucky you are.

Check this page for the whole process too: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37055

Sponsored

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Anyone else think this thread should be a sticky?

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
i ordered Black GT on the 28th May 2016, @#%$^% all updates from dealer and no NSC yet.

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
i ordered Black GT on the 28th May 2016, @#%$^% all updates from dealer and no NSC yet.
If it helps I ordered April 12 and no NSC. I am willing to bet there aren't any who ordered after me with an NSC (excluding special cases which are very few).

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
If it helps I ordered April 12 and no NSC. I am willing to bet there aren't any who ordered after me with an NSC (excluding special cases which are very few).
yeah i had a dealer advise me only people that have nsc since i ordered are internal ford employees, he says they had an allotment of cars for employees only.

if its true i find it frustrating they are giving preferential treatment to employees and not the people keeping them employed, i will remember this experience when purchase my next car.

Same dealer also says they will switch over more production lines to RHD and clear the back order now that us sales are down but from what i have seen ford dont give a #$$% about Australian customers no matter how big the markup is.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
I've been told at least 6 months for a NSC
Sponsored