Sponsored

JLT Intake System 2015-17 GT highlights, results and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey everyone,

Seem's to be a new intake thread here pretty often so I wanted to take the time to get more current information on our lineup out there for easy reference.

Since our intake kit release in October 2014 there's been good amount of testing done, after doing some YouTube searching I've started to compile them. I'm going to use this thread to keep them all in one spot, maybe this will slow down some of the repetitive intake posts!

JLT "Tune required" intake system

The tube utilizes 1 piece design for smooth airflow with 110mm MAF housing, it's 5" at the Filter end and 4" at throttle body. The idea of this is for it not to be a choke down for larger aftermarket Throttle Bodies. The tubes can be run with or without the sound tube, we included all needed hardware to delete the OEM Sound tube.

The filter is a S&B power stack filter 5"x8", it's available in Red oiled, blue oiled or Dry (White). No additional charge for any filter options.

The heat shield is a complete replacement of the OEM, this includes a duct to connect to the factory fresh air feed in the grill. The shield comes with the weather strip preinstalled.

This kit fits with the GT350 intake manifold as intended, a simple 4" coupler swap(if using a GT350 Throttle Body) and capping a fitting that is no longer used is all that is needed.

We offer the kits in a standard OEM black texture, a painted color match or Hydrocarbon (which is a carbon fiber look). We also have some custom Hydrograhic options available. All of this is done in house at our shop in Chesapeake, VA.

These kits are designed, built and assembled all in the USA.

How about some in house testing and independent testing?

Revolution Auto Before, Tuned, and then added intake

[ame]

SVT/SCT testing Before, Tuned, and then added intake
[ame]

American Muscle Before, Tuned, and then added intake
[ame]

Thread:
http://mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11053&highlight=jlt+dyno

JLT (Our very own 2015) Intake/tune
[ame]

Lethal Performance Intake/Tune
[ame]

Board member Anthony's results, which he had graphs but deleted them all when he got banned :(

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=385153&postcount=171

If you have a video of your vehicle on the dyno, track, street no matter if it's standard run feel free to post. Have a nice shot of the engine bay with the kit installed? Feel free to post those too!

We'll update this thread as we stumble across more!
tn19.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Couple installed shots of some color options.
tn_Race Red.jpg
Comp Orange Carbon.jpg
tn_TripleYellow 2015.jpg
tn_IMG_9943.JPG

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi Vinny

Solid gains. :)

However can you ask Revolution Auto what they know what other tuners do not know? They gain over 35WHP from tune alone, coupled with your intake they are nearly 50WHP up, they also have much greater torque gains too.

So how are Revolution Auto achieve 10-15WHP more than all the other tuners? Is the Revolution Auto car maybe running E85 when they go from stock to tuned as their tuned gains are greater!

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi Vinny

Solid gains. :)

However can you ask Revolution Auto what they know what other tuners do not know? They gain over 35WHP from tune alone, coupled with your intake they are nearly 50WHP up, they also have much greater torque gains too.

So how are Revolution Auto achieve 10-15WHP more than all the other tuners? Is the Revolution Auto car maybe running E85 when they go from stock to tuned as their tuned gains are greater!

You are welcome to contact them here, I believe they'd be better at answering those questions. www.revautoracing.com

Every S550 we personally have tested has made 30-35whp with the intake and tune package. Here's two:
tn_2015GTDaveFloyd.jpg
tn_2015BeforeandAfter.jpg

Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Are there gains to be had for those of us utilizing the GT350 IM if we step up to the larger tube used on the JLT for the GT350? If so what would the cost be for the larger tube?

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Curious to know, what does the little foam insert (or insulator) do? Does it significantly lower IAT? Any difference in performance?

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are there gains to be had for those of us utilizing the GT350 IM if we step up to the larger tube used on the JLT for the GT350? If so what would the cost be for the larger tube?
In my opinion if you already have the JLT GT tube I wouldn't spend the money on the GT350 tube. The GT350 Tube uses a 120mm MAF housing and is 4.5" at the TB end. I don't believe it'd be enough of a difference until you get the car close to 500whp.

Curious to know, what does the little foam insert (or insulator) do? Does it significantly lower IAT? Any difference in performance?
If you've been on this forum for a while, particularly in this section you may of read and IAT thread or two. Needless to say with all of the chatter on it we looked if we could come up with a simple solution to improve the seal on the shield.

In our testing, which was extremely simple setup. We saw a 10 degree decrease in a 10min idle time with the insert. It isn't much, in fact we don't even run it on our shop car. However we wanted to give people options, these have been included with the kits over roughly the last year. The insert just slips into the top of the shield. It's very easy to take in and out.

The part number is JLT-HSI15 and it's $5 shipped to the continental USA.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my opinion if you already have the JLT GT tube I wouldn't spend the money on the GT350 tube. The GT350 Tube uses a 120mm MAF housing and is 4.5" at the TB end. I don't believe it'd be enough of a difference until you get the car close to 500whp.

If you've been on this forum for a while, particularly in this section you may of read and IAT thread or two. Needless to say with all of the chatter on it we looked if we could come up with a simple solution to improve the seal on the shield.

In our testing, which was extremely simple setup. We saw a 10 degree decrease in a 10min idle time with the insert. It isn't much, in fact we don't even run it on our shop car. However we wanted to give people options, these have been included with the kits over roughly the last year. The insert just slips into the top of the shield. It's very easy to take in and out.

The part number is JLT-HSI15 and it's $5 shipped to the continental USA.

Dropped you a PM for an insert buddy. :)

Sponsored

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Pm sent for insert.

I have been really pleased with the JLT intake on my car and if moving I am consistently within 3-4 degrees of ambient to intake temp. 70+ I get within 2 degrees of ambient. I also have the Velossa Tech ram air scoop and the intake side of the grille has been deleted. In stop and go traffic it will get 10-15 degrees above ambient but comes down quickly upon moving. I have seen as high as 150-160 though sitting in staging lanes heat soaking during 100 degree ambient temps. This is also with the 170 degree T-stat so under hood temps are less.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I've had mine installed for about two weeks, and I can say with certainty that my mustang feels snappier. As far as heat soak goes.. Yes, when setting in traffic or at a drive-thru it gets hot. But the temps area almost always back down to within 6 degrees of ambient by the time I do a slow acceleration to 50-60 mph.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
What I like is all the independent testing. Most manufacturers post their results and claim their gains on their products. Its nice to see tons of independent testing done on a product and see gains across the board. Plus we know which CAI all the coyote stock guys use...

Cant go wrong with JLT!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.