MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus
We've tracked every Mustang (give or take very few) delivered to Australia. Started with 8 cars that were delivered a month before any owners received them - I assume these were test and promotion vehicles.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
one wonders why, with domestic sales falling in the US, why delivery times haven't shortened for OZ, NZ & UK?
Lead times here are usually spoken of as being about 7 months and its been that way all through 2016 so far

Curious Phil

Sponsored

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
When I placed my order last weekend the sales manager advised that he'd heard rumours that Australia was potentially getting a boost to the overall allotment. 10k was the figure he threw out.

Obviously this is to be considered as speculation, but it will be nice if it eventuates!

Edit: I wonder if the pending 2018 facelift will have any impact. Just thinking about how they started production of the 2017 models in June and wondering if the same will happen with the 2018 models.

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
We've tracked every Mustang (give or take very few) delivered to Australia. Started with 8 cars that were delivered a month before any owners received them - I assume these were test and promotion vehicles.
I have been following your efforts and lately those of others on the mustang migration since the beginning, with particular interest in the Aniara at the time and I must say some really good work there:thumbsup: But I am still curious to know how many they have sold for Aus, as that only counts ones on the way or arrived, thought that info would be out there somewhere, might ask my dealer if he knows. I guess Ford should have some idea of how many have been sold in Aus.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I spoke to Ford AU Marketing and they didn't know the exact numbers. I think we can get a rough idea from this thread perhaps? http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35946
Seriously how could they not know. I would have thought someone at flat rock would have a list of rhd cars produced for Australia .....:lol:. However based on fords provision of information to date I'd say the collective we on this forum would have more idea :D

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
Seriously how could they not know. I would have thought someone at flat rock would have a list of rhd cars produced for Australia .....:lol:. However based on fords provision of information to date I'd say the collective we on this forum would have more idea :D
Nah they knew. I doubt Ford AU has a number for the public to call and find out their sale figures. All data can be sourced from VFACTS.

I agree the collective here are on the ball, but I doubt they know what Ford AU have in the pipeline for 2017;) :ford:

zeeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
OXFORD WHITE GT AUTO MY17
When I placed my order last weekend the sales manager advised that he'd heard rumours that Australia was potentially getting a boost to the overall allotment. 10k was the figure he threw out.

Obviously this is to be considered as speculation, but it will be nice if it eventuates!

Edit: I wonder if the pending 2018 facelift will have any impact. Just thinking about how they started production of the 2017 models in June and wondering if the same will happen with the 2018 models.
My dealer said next years allocations will be fewer ,up to now Ford said they could sell as many Mustangs as they could.Next year there allocation is only 28 cars ,small dealer in Melbournes west.Told me waiting list will soon be at 18 months again.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I have been following your efforts and lately those of others on the mustang migration since the beginning, with particular interest in the Aniara at the time and I must say some really good work there:thumbsup: But I am still curious to know how many they have sold for Aus, as that only counts ones on the way or arrived, thought that info would be out there somewhere, might ask my dealer if he knows. I guess Ford should have some idea of how many have been sold in Aus.

You can check out this thread which shows the sales figures in Australia up until July.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62896
Sponsored