mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Matt if the shifter is the last basically thing the 350 needs! What would be your first choice just Curious. Thanks John :cheers:
Not much! And that's why the car is such a great buy. You can always ask for more power, but in terms of suspension and driveline, it's pretty damn good. The shifting experience out of the box is very good. I'm not saying it couldn't be improved but compared to the Boss which was sloppy, soft and very prone to lock-out, it's amazing and doesn't have any of those issues on track.

I'd rather spend the money on something like a single-piece aluminum or carbon driveshaft personally.

Aurelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Not much! And that's why the car is such a great buy. You can always ask for more power, but in terms of suspension and driveline, it's pretty damn good. The shifting experience out of the box is very good. I'm not saying it couldn't be improved but compared to the Boss which was sloppy, soft and very prone to lock-out, it's amazing and doesn't have any of those issues on track.

I'd rather spend the money on something like a single-piece aluminum or carbon driveshaft personally.
The dreaded Boss lock out was so bad. Nothing more disappointing than getting all the way to near redline and shift only to find out that you can't, or that your clutch pedal stuck to the floor for a couple of seconds. Loving the shifter in the GT350.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I had an MGW on my Boss and was very happy with it.

That said, the shifter is basically the last thing the 350 needs IMO.
You sold your 16? Man I feel sorry for who ever gets that car next. :lol:

Sponsored

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
A gt350 tax above the current GT MGW shifter

I NEVER EVER add anything to a product i develop just because the demographic can afford it.

This shifter will be VERY close in price to the Race spec. It shares a lot of the same design components. The race spec tripod mount is different but the rear body of the GT350 is more complex so its pretty close to a trade off.

My initial estimates of 450-500 are looking very accurate. It may actually end up being just about the same as an MT82.

George

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Thanks George for the pricing update.

I was very happy with the MGW offering for the MT82, and look forward to the same quality this time around.

SSVi

That Gun Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ssvi.us
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, OW, 67U
I know some of you guys THINK the OEM shifter is great , but when you actually see it and shift the MGW next to it, you will indeed see the light :headbang::headbang::headbang:

George
Its hard to explain unless you've used a MGW. I had the Race Spec in my 2016 GT (sold it to pay for the 350), and while the 350 shifter is miles beyond the GT...I also know the MGW will skyrocket past the OEM shifter in this like they do in all cars. I've been on the email list for this since I knew the list opened up, long before I had my 350 haha.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I am on the wait list. Love the huge improvement in my 14 gt- track pack car.
Can't wait

Jack

Sponsored

sapitts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Also on the wait list, can't wait to get....

sapitts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just got a call from MGW looks like we are a week and a half out. Gave my credit card info. Cant wait....

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just got a call from MGW looks like we are a week and a half out. Gave my credit card info. Cant wait....
Got the call too. Price w shipping =$511.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Being that the 3160 uses a remote mount like my MT-82, there's absolutely room for improvement with MGW. I have their race spec on my GT, and plan on swapping in a 3160 once this one has had enough. Will definitely make this part of the swap list.
Sponsored