Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
I am just trying to determine if this is a rare thing exaggerated by a few loud voices or commonly happening to the majority (PP2). Also if PP2 is in fact problematic (50%+ having issues), is PP1 problematic too? The poll numbers indicate everything is fine for the most part, but the posts tell a different story, a story where some get excited at first and post positive messages, but then post negatively after a few 100 miles.

LawsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP
I've put about 1000 miles on my car since installing pp2 and still don't regret it. i have the cold rev hang and over sensitive throttle sometimes but neither really come into effect for my daily commute or when ripping around town. the performance gains far outweigh the negative minor side effects. i expected to have a more sensitive throttle input regardless and i cruise below 2500 rpm until my car is warmed up anyways so the rev hang isn't really noticeable at those lower rpms. I still give it 8.5/10 overall. cut a few tenths off the 1/4 mile time between the increased power and the no lift shift feature. now my only real issue is hooking up on these stock p zero tires with the 3.73 gears ;)

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I am just trying to determine if this is a rare thing exaggerated by a few loud voices or commonly happening to the majority (PP2). Also if PP2 is in fact problematic (50%+ having issues), is PP1 problematic too? The poll numbers indicate everything is fine for the most part, but the posts tell a different story, a story where some get excited at first and post positive messages, but then post negatively after a few 100 miles.

Don't get so worried about poll numbers because it don't represent all owners just very small slice of them.

Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
There is a contradiction between poll numbers and posts, so what's the real deal?
Every poll and news post in October of 2011 said Clinton would win in a landslide, That Trump had no path to Electoral College victory.

What happened? Polls don't tell the entire story. Just saying!

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Every poll and news post in October of 2011 said Clinton would win in a landslide, That Trump had no path to Electoral College victory.

What happened? Polls don't tell the entire story. Just saying!
True, but the opposite is equally plausible when it comes to forum posts.

The individuals who have had very real issues here may be the vocal minority rather than reflect the experience the majority of users have had with the power pack series.

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
True enough! I was just try to make the point that your vote is the only true vote. Up or down. For me...I installed the PP2 and have no issues.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
What I can say is this, if the problem was extreme to the point that over 50% of the people arent satisfied, Ford Performance would have said something. My experience has been really postive but I now do see what people meant by the rev hang. When cold, at around 1500-1900 rpm at like 5mph the rev hangs for a bit or until I brake. This is with an auto. Basically a non-issue with an auto but I do see why manual guys are pissed

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I am currently communicating with ford performance regarding the issues I am experiencing. I initially had a positive experience but with time/miles the symptoms have shown themselves and I can now easily replicate the knock/ping.

I'm glad some have not had issue and I hope to resolve my issues. My vote has still been left cast as positive. I am going to give ford performance a chance before I completely change my opinion.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I am currently communicating with ford performance regarding the issues I am experiencing. I initially had a positive experience but with time/miles the symptoms have shown themselves and I can now easily replicate the knock/ping.

I'm glad some have not had issue and I hope to resolve my issues. My vote has still been left cast as positive. I am going to give ford performance a chance before I completely change my opinion.
Keep us posted and good luck!

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Alright fellas, after three months of this thing sitting in the garage I made an appt next Wed at 9 am to have it installed at a performance shop in my hometown. Had no clue they were even there. They work mostly on LS engines but recently hired a Mustang tech for dealer package installs. $250 for the work. $350 with however many dynos i want minus cool down time. Cool guys.
Sponsored