Sponsored

GT350R Radio Delete

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ok bumping this thread as I have a question regarding radio vs radio delete vs electronic package.
So looks like with the electronic package you get the toggle switches particularly the one for the exhaust valves. Why?
As we can see on the R with radio delete and any other track package this exhaust does not exist. What is the deal?
That's easy - the panel is the same as the panel from the regular Mustang, which has a row of switches on the bottom. Instead of designing a new panel, they just changed the color of the start button and gave the switches new functions. I guess someone on the design team thought a switch for the exhaust would be cool, so they gave us a switch for the exhaust.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Sub

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I wonder how much all the radio stuff even weighs, wiring, speakers, deck, etc.
Radio components, I would be shocked if they were greater than 10lbs total, and that is being very generous IMO.

Almost all of the weight savings from the R come from the wheels and tires, with the next major pieces being the rear seats, tire inflation and sealant kit, trunk lining/insulation, and finally the AC. I would assume that the actual touchscreen and radio component's weights are insignificant when comparing the total weight savings between R and non-R.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Radio components, I would be shocked if they were greater than 10lbs total, and that is being very generous IMO.

Almost all of the weight savings from the R come from the wheels and tires, with the next major pieces being the rear seats, tire inflation and sealant kit, trunk lining/insulation, and finally the AC. I would assume that the actual touchscreen and radio component's weights are insignificant when comparing the total weight savings between R and non-R.
To be specific the weight savings from the CF wheels compared to aluminum wheels are a total of 58 pounds (30# from the front wheels and 28# from the rear wheels).

Deleting the radio, speakers and air conditioning save a total weight of 21 pounds.

Removal of the moister barrier carpet underlay removes another 5 pounds.

I don't recall the weight savings from removing the rear seats and the carpet/liners/tire inflator/sealant kit is so would have to guess as to what that weight savings would be?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
What do the fan/temp controls do if there isn't AC on a radio/tech package delete car?

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
What do the fan/temp controls do if there isn't AC on a radio/tech package delete car?
you obviously are under 35 years old and have never experienced the joys of a car without AC!

my 68 mustang still has fan controls and even though no AC it still has temp from cool to hot, in the summer all that means is it goes from blowing hot ambient air to super heated air from the heater.

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
You are correct I am under 35. I totally forgot about the heat so that's me having a brain fart last night. I owned a big block vette that was a factory AC delete car and but still had the controls for heat

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
it's considered an exhange part like a radio or cluster.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
you obviously are under 35 years old and have never experienced the joys of a car without AC!

my 68 mustang still has fan controls and even though no AC it still has temp from cool to hot, in the summer all that means is it goes from blowing hot ambient air to super heated air from the heater.
I remember the father of a girl I was dating in high school had a '69 Camaro with no heater (factory built that way). Deleting the heater core definitely saves some weight, but that is seriously hard core! :headbang:
Sponsored