Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Thanks for the comprehensive write up of first impressions Gibbo. Sounds great and will only get better! :)
Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Good right up mate we can tell your excited
Makes that big time scale worth it, great
Colour but not seen a bad one yet all
Look good have a nice day looks like a
Nice day out there.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Nice one, good write up.
It great hearing others talk about their cars especially the falling in love with them straight away!
I think the clear rear lights and alloys work well with the colour

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Great write up, probably best one ive read!
When i test drove the GT it did feel a bit sluggish like you say in comfort mode, so does it make much difference changing to sport + or track mode (the dealer wouldn't let me do this!)?

RoyalGuard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I don't know if anyone has said this already...

The headlights are not sealed, they are a breathable unit, they will condense but it should go, that's perfectly fine and normal, if you see a lot of water in them then you have an issue lol, same as Audi headlights etc, Breathable & Unsealed :)

Sponsored

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Brilliant review & congrats. Lets be honest here, these are the posts that we're all waiting for :)! Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

shivatastic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dunk
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT
Great write up!

and oh my what a great looking colour mate :D

Consensus here is that I should have gotten Magnetic and not Red! But I disagree with them all (at home!) but secretly do think your car looks stunning, the prep team really have made it look beautiful!

Have a great time hooning around in it!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Great review mate, glad you are happy with it! She's a beauty - great colour choice ;) seems a few people have mentioned the change from 1st to 2nd...glad it's not just me! Still a bit jumpy at times for me but it is something you get used to...enjoy the snow :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Great write up, probably best one ive read!
When i test drove the GT it did feel a bit sluggish like you say in comfort mode, so does it make much difference changing to sport + or track mode (the dealer wouldn't let me do this!)?
Yes, the throttle has serious lag in wet/snow and normal modes, you floor it and it almost as if the car is slowly applying the throttle for you and not all in one hit to avoid slip.

Change it to sport and things are much better and in race mode the lag is nearly all but gone.

I notice in race mode the traction symbol is lit as if traction is off, but then if I select traction off it comes up saying traction off. So what exactly is race mode turning off, just traction or stability control or both?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great review mate, glad you are happy with it! She's a beauty - great colour choice ;) seems a few people have mentioned the change from 1st to 2nd...glad it's not just me! Still a bit jumpy at times for me but it is something you get used to...enjoy the snow :thumbsup:
No issues this morning with 1st to 2nd, seem to have mastered it, but clutch feel is none existent still, such a shame as the gearbox is absolutely gorgeous, but will see how it goes and will pull the spring out in a few weeks.

The dash looks superb, so many toys to play with:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the throttle has serious lag in wet/snow and normal modes, you floor it and it almost as if the car is slowly applying the throttle for you and not all in one hit to avoid slip.

Change it to sport and things are much better and in race mode the lag is nearly all but gone.

I notice in race mode the traction symbol is lit as if traction is off, but then if I select traction off it comes up saying traction off. So what exactly is race mode turning off, just traction or stability control or both?
RE wet/snow mode, that's good, pretty sure it's developed more for proper snow than a bit of wet, but safer the better, don't want 30-43k rinsed round a tree from slipping (Took my car, front wheel drive, over black ice on a round about today and skidded abit, imediate thoughts were 'wow exciting' and 'Oh sh1t this is what the mustang will be like in the snow :headbonk:')

Race mode turns off SOME of the traction controll, there's multiple 'levels' to it. You have 'Traction on' 'Traction somewhat off' and then if you hold the traction button up for 5 or so seconds it fully turns traction control off, makes the car a bit of a drift beast and sits comfortably sidewards, basically, race + Holding traction button up to fully remove = the most race-like mode the car can be in, deffo wont be using that when mine comes, don't trust myself.

:coolphotos: btw, looks like a nice ride, don't think the bonnet/hood is that big, think you can squeeze up behind that car infront. (also, no using a phone while the car doesn't have the 'parking brake/hand brake' engaged :lol::lol:!)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RE wet/snow mode, that's good, pretty sure it's developed more for proper snow than a bit of wet, but safer the better, don't want 30-43k rinsed round a tree from slipping (Took my car, front wheel drive, over black ice on a round about today and skidded abit, imediate thoughts were 'wow exciting' and 'Oh sh1t this is what the mustang will be like in the snow :headbonk:')

Race mode turns off SOME of the traction controll, there's multiple 'levels' to it. You have 'Traction on' 'Traction somewhat off' and then if you hold the traction button up for 5 or so seconds it fully turns traction control off, makes the car a bit of a drift beast and sits comfortably sidewards, basically, race + Holding traction button up to fully remove = the most race-like mode the car can be in, deffo wont be using that when mine comes, don't trust myself.

:coolphotos: btw, looks like a nice ride, don't think the bonnet/hood is that big, think you can squeeze up behind that car infront. (also, no using a phone while the car doesn't have the 'parking brake/hand brake' engaged :lol::lol:!)

Haha, was grid lock traffic, but yeah the car even warns you about using the phone haha.

I also noticed it has hill assist and it works superb, another surprise. :)

Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'13 Boss 302
My '13 Boss 302 has a similar capability, where the AdvanceTrac system has a special calibration setup tuned for the track. It doesn't turn off stability control entirely, so if you do lose it, the system steps in to square things up like a safety net (in reality it's a bit more complicated and far more capable than that, but it gives you the general idea).

See page 166 "Drive Control"...;)
2015 Mustang Owners Manual

Great looking car and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Can't wait for mine to show up...:cheers:

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
From the Manual
Trction.jpg
Sponsored