IMG_0153.jpg

Last edited:

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
No roll over protection confirmed: https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...in-mustang-convertible-rollover/#.WKw4gzw8KEc

WASHINGTON COUNTY — An 18-year-old man is dead after rolling a Mustang convertible Sunday night on state Route 9 near Virgin.

Just after 11 p.m., Kamen King Kanosh, 18, of LaVerkin, was driving a white 2012 Mustang convertible, traveling west on SR-9 just past 50 South in Virgin, according to a media statement issued by the Utah Highway Patrol.

One of Kanosh’s co-workers was driving a vehicle immediately in front of the Mustang when the two drivers came upon a blind curve where the roadway is marked with double yellow stripes indicating a no-passing zone, UHP troopers said.

Despite the area being a no-passing zone, Kanosh passed his co-worker on the blind curve, according to the Highway Patrol.

As Kanosh was making the pass, an oncoming vehicle traveling east in the same location forced Kanosh to swerve to the right to avoid a head-on collision, authorities said. Kanosh then overcorrected the Mustang back to the left, subsequently causing the Mustang to overturn off the shoulder of the eastbound lane.

Kanosh was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, troopers said, but sustained head trauma when the Mustang overturned due to the fact that the vehicle was a convertible.

Life Flight was launched to respond to the scene but was canceled before landing as Kanosh was pronounced dead at the scene.

Speed is listed as a contributing factor in the crash, with witnesses estimating a speed of 90-plus miles per hour, the Utah High Patrol said in the statement, adding that authorities are looking into possible impairment as a factor in the crash as well.

This report is based on preliminary information provided by law enforcement or other emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
And the moral of the story is don't drive crazy, especially in adverse conditions with low visibility. Fudd's First Law - "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over."

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Yes, poor writing and sensationalism. Convertibles roll over less frequently that hardtops, it is just that if you push it, there is no safety net. Another good reason not to drive insanely reckless.

Sponsored

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
it says he sustained head trauma because it was a convertible, not that it rolled over because it was a convertible.

Rolling over at 90mph, not sure if it would have mattered in a coupe either.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
It's just poor wording on the writer
I agree with you 100%. That's why I brought it up. But some dumbasses, reading the article, may think otherwise.:doh: And I don't mean readers here, just readers in general. :)

Me included.....:confused:

Last edited:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
it says he sustained head trauma because it was a convertible, not that it rolled over because it was a convertible.

Rolling over at 90mph, not sure if it would have mattered in a coupe either.
You are correct. But a well placed comma would have fixed the sentence. :)

Hell, l just read it again and I am confused now :shrug:

But as you pointed out, at that speed, would it have mattered???

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Which feeds into the false narrative that convertibles are inherently death traps waiting decapitate passengers and drivers alike - total BS!

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
Just lowered it. Extremely happy!
Sponsored