Sponsored

Colorado Cars

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Hey Colorado people!

I'm going to be moving to Colorado in the next few weeks. I've been on the fence about keeping the Mustang or selling it before I leave and getting a new Tacoma. I have winter wheels/tires for my Mustang.

Do any of you all daily drive your Mustangs year round?

I'll be south of Denver working in the Littleton area.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Hey Colorado people!

I'm going to be moving to Colorado in the next few weeks. I've been on the fence about keeping the Mustang or selling it before I leave and getting a new Tacoma. I have winter wheels/tires for my Mustang.

Do any of you all daily drive your Mustangs year round?

I'll be south of Denver working in the Littleton area.
I'm in the Springs which usually is a little colder than Denver. The nice thing is though I don't drive my Mustang in the snow or bad weather, it is still truly a year-round car because of the 300 days of sunshine we get! I will drive several days a month from Nov-Mar easy even with summer tires (just be careful on cold mornings!). Of course not as much as during the other months, but still way better than just hibernating the car for half the year like I did with my other Mustang when I lived in the mid-west :cheers:

As far as driving with snow tires, I haven't done that in my Mustang as I have an old Subaru beater car I drive on bad weather days (at least it is a WRX so it is still fun) :p I got snow tires for the Subaru and they make a huge difference, as you probably know. A nice thing here is that we can get some crazy blizzards, but a lot of the times the snow will be melted by the next day. So if you can just work from home on the blizzard days then you'll probably rarely ever drive in the snow :D

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Thanks for the replies. I've gone and driven a few trucks, I can't bring myself to part with the Mustang.

:cheers:

Sponsored

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
I live at 8500' and put Nokian snows on my EcoBoost lease and drove that for two seasons in up to 6" of snow.
We have so many nice days, if you get rid of the Mustang, you'll be cursing yourself as you're driving around seeing all of them out and about.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I'm in Southeast Denver. There was only a handful of days this winter that I couldn't/wouldn't drive the Mustang. Just buy a winter car like GiddyUp15. I have an old F150 4x4 for the snow days.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Hey all! My family and I will be moving to the Denver area in July. I'm super excited for some great driving roads unlike what I've found here in Houston (I'm from NY which has plenty of mountain twisted, at least compared to Houston).

While I get settled I plan on having my car stored. Can anybody recommend a good storage place?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Hey all! My family and I will be moving to the Denver area in July. I'm super excited for some great driving roads unlike what I've found here in Houston (I'm from NY which has plenty of mountain twisted, at least compared to Houston).

While I get settled I plan on having my car stored. Can anybody recommend a good storage place?
Well soon to be Welcome to Colorado! What side of town will you be? I'm down in the springs but we've stored our tailgate bus in a couple of lots in Denver area. There's a nice place that offers indoor storage that we used called Dove Valley Storage, and I've heard good things about Broncos Parkway RV and Boat Storage. I believe they offer indoor as well. If you want to really invest, there's the Vehicle Vault down in Parker. Really sweet setup there but you actually buy the garages kind of like a condo. Not cheap but would be sweet! They do a pretty large Cars & Coffee show there too. All 3 are on the southside of town.

GTStark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Roush SuperCharged
Looking for whoever bought this car from Emich. I am the previous owner and may have some stuff that you would want.
IMG_2969.jpg

Sponsored

RipShift2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hey all. My wife and I are moving to the Springs in September and I am looking for a good shop for a tune. I own at 2015 Procharged GT and I would imagine I will need to re tune due to atmosphere.

Can anyone give some recommendations on a good shop to get this done at? Thanks.

Spoiler-12.jpg

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Hey all. My wife and I are moving to the Springs in September and I am looking for a good shop for a tune. I own at 2015 Procharged GT and I would imagine I will need to re tune due to atmosphere.

Can anyone give some recommendations on a good shop to get this done at? Thanks.

Spoiler-12.jpg
Really shouldn't need a new tune due to elevation, as the car should compensate on its own. The newer cars like these measure air pressure thus compensate for the difference in altitude. Lucky for you, you are boosted! :headbang: I lose a lot of power here at elevation! :doh:

But if you want to do a dyno tune just for good measure, I've researched this for myself and a friend of mine who is doing a Miata 5.0L swap (old SBF 5.0), and have come across two places that may be able to help in the Springs. I know there are some good places around Denver since it is a bigger town too, but I can't comment on any of those so I'll defer.

EDP Performance - They concentrate on turbos but boost is boost, so I think they can get you in the right direction. They use another shop for dyno I believe but I've heard great things about these guys
https://edp-performance.com/

Revolutions Performance - Only SCT dealer in town that I know of and they have great reviews for tuning/dyno
https://www.revolutionsperformance.com/

RipShift2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thanks for the quick response, I'll look into these shops and I really appreciate your input.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R

We made it to CO! We're currently in Superior about 5 minutes from where this shot was taken.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Well soon to be Welcome to Colorado! What side of town will you be?
A belated thanks! I ended up storing the car at Soneff's Garage in downtown Denver. They were able to intake the car without me being there which was very nice. Great people too.
Sponsored