Sponsored

MY18 order times

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Yes all that, but my guess is mostly they simply don't want people bailing out of 2017 orders if they think 2018 is just around the corner. But then I'm just old and cynical
Not cynical, just logical. People would be thinking of bailing as i type this. Just human nature. Ford knows this and needs to keep sales flowing. It's their most expensive car (excluding Everest and Wildtrak) with nice margins for dealers, because they are selling for retail, or close to, in solid numbers. I can see Fords dillema.
Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would be very surprised if they were not available early 2018 in Australia

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Hi guys,
just wanting to share my experience and see what others are being told.

I went into my ford dealer today to change my order from a MY17 to a MY18 (not everyone's cup of tea but I like em).

I was told September 2018?? now admittedly the salesman said "That's the worst case, and I would rather tell you a long date and it come in early"

Surely September 2018 is a ridiculous guess at a delivery time.

has anyone else ordered or changed order to a MY18? if so what sort of delivery dates have other people been told??

cheers
James
Hi James, i commend your move. I probably would do the same thing in your shoes. I have been lucky enough to have enjoyed my S550 GT vert for nearly a year now, due to a deposit laid down in 2014. Will probably hang on for all new S650 in 3 or 4years. That's if the whole RHD S550 experiment doesn't go pear shaped and the S650 goes LHD only. In which case, S550 would become an instant collector.

adubaha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kai
Vehicle(s)
Queueing for my GT
Had a phone call from my dealer informing me that my car will arrive in May. Asked about the new MY18 and was told that it will be no different from MY17 as there's no news from Ford AU that the new model will not make it to our shore anytime soon and probably will not have the features on a US model. Guys, any of you waiting and was told diffrrent from my version?

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Had a phone call from my dealer informing me that my car will arrive in May. Asked about the new MY18 and was told that it will be no different from MY17 as there's no news from Ford AU that the new model will not make it to our shore anytime soon and probably will not have the features on a US model. Guys, any of you waiting and was told diffrrent from my version?
Your dealer is a muppet. I have seen the dealer memo advising to tell customers second half of 18 for aus. What is not known is what features from the us spec we will actually get. Judging by the first launch it's best to wait until a car actually lands before writing in stone.

I also think the delay is due to the expected huge demand for the car in the us. They will shut down rhd build until 2018 to cater for us orders first

Sponsored

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
I wonder if Ford is not planning to build any RHD cars during the first year of production (as was the case with the first launch where the first RHD cars ended up being produced in Aug 2015 and were MY16).

Any discussion in the UK section about delivery dates for MY18?

Your dealer is a muppet. I have seen the dealer memo advising to tell customers second half of 18 for aus. What is not known is what features from the us spec we will actually get. Judging by the first launch it's best to wait until a car actually lands before writing in stone.

I also think the delay is due to the expected huge demand for the car in the us. They will shut down rhd build until 2018 to cater for us orders first

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
On Thursday afternoons 3AW have a motoring segment with a guy from Caradvice and a lady rang up to ask if they should have any concerns over the Ancap results as they have on order a 2017 Mustang, the reply was 'avoid this car at all costs as not only does the car fail the safety rating but will also have a bad resale value in years to come and to wait for the 2018 as the safety aspects will be rectified. Any thoughts?

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
On Thursday afternoons 3AW have a motoring segment with a guy from Caradvice and a lady rang up to ask if they should have any concerns over the Ancap results as they have on order a 2017 Mustang, the reply was 'avoid this car at all costs as not only does the car fail the safety rating but will also have a bad resale value in years to come and to wait for the 2018 as the safety aspects will be rectified. Any thoughts?
I think he's correct re resale value. Prices have taken a hit in the past few weeks, which I put down to a combination of ANCAP and announcement of MY18.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I don't. I don't think resale will be effected by the ANCAP rating at all. I expect it'll be typical for that style and age of vehicle. People have short memories and few really care that much in the first place. I've bought a lot of cars over the years and can honestly say the safety rating has never been a consideration, in most cases I didn't even know what it was, or know to this day. The sort of people who do care a lot about safety rating don't shop for this style of car.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
This ANCAP thing is why MY18 can't come soon enough for Ford Europe/AUS. We will see MY18 early next year for that reason alone.

Last edited:

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I think he's correct re resale value. Prices have taken a hit in the past few weeks, which I put down to a combination of ANCAP and announcement of MY18.
Of course supply is catching up with demand now and people changing orders to MY18 assists this as well. Mustang will suffer depreciation just like most, when a new model arrives.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Of course supply is catching up with demand now and people changing orders to MY18 assists this as well. Mustang will suffer depreciation just like most, when a new model arrives.
Correct but bad press just makes it worse no matter what we all think the ancap rating and shot airbag deployment ect will hit resale and my17 sales. You can pickup cars off dealer floors in some cases or pickup a cancellled order if you want a 17

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This makes me feel better about still waiting for a '17
You and me both! When did you order?

Having a bit of a panic reading this thread. My interpretation of the Ford Service post is that September will be when the US LHD's will roll off the production line, meaning until then Ford will continue to build MY17's

Would be nice to know that orders placed before X would be guaranteed a MY17 build - which is what I want. I'm getting ride of my Ecoboost to upgrade to the V8. MY18's look awesome but I much prefer the 17's.

Will keep checking this thread for news - cheers guys

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
You and me both! When did you order?

Having a bit of a panic reading this thread. My interpretation of the Ford Service post is that September will be when the US LHD's will roll off the production line, meaning until then Ford will continue to build MY17's

Would be nice to know that orders placed before X would be guaranteed a MY17 build - which is what I want. I'm getting ride of my Ecoboost to upgrade to the V8. MY18's look awesome but I much prefer the 17's.

Will keep checking this thread for news - cheers guys
What's the problem? You have got all this year and early next year to get a new MY17. And you should get a good deal to.
Sponsored