Sponsored

Just ordered a Lund tune and Steeda CAI have a couple questions.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Just order a STEEDA cai and Lund tune from [MENTION=10008]LethalPerformance[/MENTION]. I've never done a mail order tune before, my experience is with FI cars back in the early 2000's. Back then there was enough variation in the cars with similar set ups that dyno tuning was the only real way to get the car dialed in. The car is stock except an H pipe and the intake.

My questions are:
1. Is it worthwhile to datalog the car and have Lund possibly revise it? I use only 93 octane from a brand new Sunoco station. Actually if I am planning to run the car hard I dump in few oz of Torco.

2. Does it make sense to have them do a second tune for race gas or E85? No E85 in my area now but you never know. I plan to dyno the car and do a few track rentals this year, so race gas is not out of the question.

Thanks! Steve
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yes it is worthwhile to datalog. Absolutely do that. They can make you a flex tune that will run 93 to e85 and adjust to any mix in between, but it costs extra.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I just got a flex fuel tune from Lund and asked 200 questions :)

I worked with Greg from Lund. With the flex fuel tune you can run 91 to e85 and the tune adjusts to the fuel you use. I run 93 but will probably try e85 if I can find good quality around here. It will adjust timing etc. I specifically asked Greg if injectors needs to be upgraded to safely run e85 on the flex fuel tune and he said with my mods (catback, intake, tune) it is totally okay without upgraded injectors.

Also, I asked if in the future I want a specific e85 only tune and Lund said they can send me a revision for free though the flex fuel tune is apparently supposed to adjust to it very well so a specific tune for e85 isn't really necessary.

I sent in datalogs at idle and some WOT pulls to see if any revision on the flex fuel tune is needed and Greg@lund said AFR and timing looks spot on so my tune was really good to go off the bat.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a flex fuel tune from Lund and asked 200 questions :)

I worked with Greg from Lund. With the flex fuel tune you can run 91 to e85 and the tune adjusts to the fuel you use. I run 93 but will probably try e85 if I can find good quality around here. It will adjust timing etc. I specifically asked Greg if injectors needs to be upgraded to safely run e85 on the flex fuel tune and he said with my mods (catback, intake, tune) it is totally okay without upgraded injectors.

Also, I asked if in the future I want a specific e85 only tune and Lund said they can send me a revision for free though the flex fuel tune is apparently supposed to adjust to it very well so a specific tune for e85 isn't really necessary.

I sent in datalogs at idle and some WOT pulls to see if any revision on the flex fuel tune is needed and Greg@lund said AFR and timing looks spot on so my tune was really good to go off the bat.
Great info, thanks!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Greg at Lund did mine as well. Did WOT 3rd gear logs. Never did idle, or cruising logs as driveability is spot on. He revised it once on 91 to bring down timing a tiny touch, and a couple revisions for softer shifting. Later sent in a couple E85 logs, 3rd WOT, and some strip runs just for reassurance. He reviewed and said those were solid no changes needed.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the newer cars are dialed in with our lund tunes, but your always welcomed to send a log into verify if it makes you more comfortable

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Yes, my revision tune is way better than the original tune I got.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
No idea, but throttle response and top end pull was greatly improved.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just order a STEEDA cai and Lund tune from [MENTION=10008]LethalPerformance[/MENTION]. I've never done a mail order tune before, my experience is with FI cars back in the early 2000's. Back then there was enough variation in the cars with similar set ups that dyno tuning was the only real way to get the car dialed in. The car is stock except an H pipe and the intake.

My questions are:
1. Is it worthwhile to datalog the car and have Lund possibly revise it? I use only 93 octane from a brand new Sunoco station. Actually if I am planning to run the car hard I dump in few oz of Torco.

2. Does it make sense to have them do a second tune for race gas or E85? No E85 in my area now but you never know. I plan to dyno the car and do a few track rentals this year, so race gas is not out of the question.

Thanks! Steve

We appreciate the order Steve!

Lund Racing usually has these s550 tunes spot on the first time you receive the tune. With that being said there isn't too much to worry about, but for peace of mind you can always data log and send it into Lund Racing for them to review! Give us a shout if you have any questions Steve, we would be glad to help out!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
We appreciate the order Steve!

Lund Racing usually has these s550 tunes spot on the first time you receive the tune. With that being said there isn't too much to worry about, but for peace of mind you can always data log and send it into Lund Racing for them to review! Give us a shout if you have any questions Steve, we would be glad to help out!
Ordered everything Monday...tune came yesterday....the parts came today. Very impressed! Lund has been very good to deal with as well.

I used Affirm to help me keep this purchase out of the spotlight with my wife. I have to say it's almost too easy. After a couple pops :cheers:I could see myself really doing damage on my wish list!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
if you don't like the fans running all the time don't forget you can tell lund to put it back to normal. I had them do it and it had zero effect on temps. better than hearing the fans run all the time.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
if you don't like the fans running all the time don't forget you can tell lund to put it back to normal. I had them do it and it had zero effect on temps. better than hearing the fans run all the time.
Good point I didn't know they did that.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ordered everything Monday...tune came yesterday....the parts came today. Very impressed! Lund has been very good to deal with as well.

I used Affirm to help me keep this purchase out of the spotlight with my wife. I have to say it's almost too easy. After a couple pops :cheers:I could see myself really doing damage on my wish list!
We are glad to hear everything went smoothly for you!! Give us a shout anytime you are ready to hide some more parts from the wife :thumbsup:
Sponsored