Sponsored

what specific nitrous tuning differences please

cobrakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CA Special GT 5.0
hey guys, I sprayed mine.....myself with about a 75 shot wet, on a button.
No nitrous tune, but with race gas 110 octane and colder plugs.

Car acted a little funky after 1st-2nd shift...was breaking up a little, and
check engine light came on.

went from 11.4@117 to a 11.18@121. Sprayed about 2 feet off the line.
1.54 60ft, compared to normal 1.6s.

once I hit the return road, no missing, no check engine light, all normal & good.

checked plugs, fine, everything fine.

don't give me hell, as I have used nitrous a lot in the past, and knew this wouldn't
hurt the car.

I am getting a nitrous tune very soon, but want to know the specific
NITROUS tuning differences...... not just pull timing here and there.

...because it seems like the nitrous may have "shocked" for lack of better word
the computer when I hit it right from a dig.

On the streets, it never bobbled or missed or anything?

if anybody know what the tuners do specifically for nitrous, I just wanna know.
My tune is locked, so..... I am just curious.

thx....
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the biggest diff with a nitrous tune will be timing, to keep from detonation

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If it missed it might have been because as the nitrous came in the fuel didn't as quickly which will cause a momentary lean condition and the misfires you saw. I doubt it knocked on 110 on the stock tune due to timing even with the nitrous. Stock plugs? Need colder and smaller than stock gap if so.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Did you spray that ontop of your Lund tune? If so I know you put good gas in but I wouldnt do that again. Way too much timing for nitrous. Have you ever logged it? Curious what the knock sensors were doing.

Main differences between an NA tune and a nitrous specific tune is timing and commanded A/F. The nitrous tune will be setup with less timing and the commanded A/F will be alittle fatter for safety (thats using a wet kit). Also shifts should happen about 500rpm sooner, nitrous moves the power lower.

Obviously a dry kit nitrous specific tune provides all the extra fueling through the injectors.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you sprayed on a NA tune then you were running too much spark advance for nitrous, if it was the stock tune it would of been fine since the timing those is pretty reserved.

With out a datalog I cannot tell you what you experienced. How ever if you are curious about changes, I usually do the following:

- Remove TCS's ability to pull fuel for any reason(this is done under torque management)
- Remove TCS's ability to pull timing for any reason(also done under torque management)
- Reduce spark advanced by 4*, datalog to see where we are, and then adjust from there
- Raise your RPM limit 300rpm higher than your window switch's off setting

Might be a few other things I cannot think of right now, but those are the major ones, the rest of the stuff is done while tuning the car NA anyway so you'd of already had those done. I usually run .83λ on 93 and .85λ on e85, since you are using 110 octane fuel you should be okay running .85λ once you get your nitrous tune. On a 75 shot and stock plugs you'll prob end up around 23-24* of advance.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
His sig said he's lund tuned with gt350 intake, so I guarantee his timing was way too high for nitrous.