Vehicle Showcase

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Just took delivery of the tri bar pony deck lid from Nemises.
Great service again, extreamly well packed and not a blemish on it.
Also got the matt black rear pony as I couldn't make my mind up what would look better so that gives me an option to swop it out :thumbsup:
Here's a question... the rear decklid is curved... is the black pony emblem you have therefore slightly curved as well?

Reason for asking is I've got a pony rear decklid to fit, but the black pony I have coming down to swap over onto it is the slightly larger one used for the front grille.

I know, being larger, that it covers the holes, but I don't know whether the curvature is going to cause an issue?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a question... the rear decklid is curved... is the black pony emblem you have therefore slightly curved as well?

Reason for asking is I've got a pony rear decklid to fit, but the black pony I have coming down to swap over onto it is the slightly larger one used for the front grille.

I know, being larger, that it covers the holes, but I don't know whether the curvature is going to cause an issue?
They're screwed in, pony is flat. :headbang: . They'll be fine if it's just 3m tape, think slowhand 3m'd his on :)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
They're screwed in, pony is flat. :headbang: . They'll be fine if it's just 3m tape, think slowhand 3m'd his on :)
So far, so good. I think my emblem (a Pony Pack fender emblem) has more curve than the lid. I drilled for the pins and used the oem tape supplied on the emblem. Deck lid is a plain Ford Racing lid, which seems to be discontinued.
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0620.jpg

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As Manders said, the rear is slightly smaller than the front, even though the decklid is slightly curved the badges themselves look straight.I would say your front one should fit as long as the pins are the same configuration but you could aways trim them off and just use the 3m tape.

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Ford stopped selling the "genuine" blanks a while ago. No idea why.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ford stopped selling the "genuine" blanks a while ago. No idea why.
But there's some 'Fake' ones doing the rounds (Look exactly the same lol!)

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Yep, prefer GT one. I ordered mine from newcartakeoff back in September. Hopefully there is not a shortage, don't want thieves prying off my one to sell on!
I prefer the plain GT too, mind you try to get the damn thing off and it will snap. It's basically heated bonded plastic on the inside of the decklid. You need to almost grind it off from the rear. So it won't go anywhere. Well that's how mine was attached

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I prefer the plain GT too, mind you try to get the damn thing off and it will snap. It's basically heated bonded plastic on the inside of the decklid. You need to almost grind it off from the rear. So it won't go anywhere. Well that's how mine was attached
Mine came off really easily. Drill the welds out and it fell off.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

I bought a blank decklid and a black GT to go on it. Decided to remove the studs but don't think this was the best option as before long the edges of the flat emblem started to lift from the curved lid panel.
Just for information as I know others have had success.

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Easy install, about 30 mins.I got some cheap trim levers from eBay. Mask off the top edge incase it gets scratched.
You don't have to remove the boot lid liner, just lever the top edge away after removing 4 bolts from behind the plastic covers and unplug the camera.Don't do what I did, clipped in the top first and the bottom won't go in, this has to slot in first then the top slots in.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I like the GT badge, but rather than chrome look or Gloss black I noticed that CJPP did some body coloured ones and that got me thinking. SO got the GT with a decklid from Modurstang when I was there and had it sprayed Magnetic. I REALLY like it, but then I am biased.
image.jpg

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT
Hi Guy's

So yeah supply on the GT Pony and Tri-Bar Emblem Deck Lids are all sold out in the US! Our supplier sent us x20 Tri-Bar Pony Deck Lids instead of x10 GT and x10 Tri Bar. Apparently the contract has now ended with Ford for new take off deck lids so they will possibly start getting silly prices now.

As mentioned we will be getting in the Chrome Pony & GT along with more of our Matt and Gloss Black Emblems shortly. Can also supply the Body Colour Coded Emblems too. Should you want to swap out the Tri-Bar. If any one is after them give me a shout and can include them on our next order that should be around a weeks timescale.

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Easy install, about 30 mins.I got some cheap trim levers from eBay. Mask off the top edge incase it gets scratched.
You don't have to remove the boot lid liner, just lever the top edge away after removing 4 bolts from behind the plastic covers and unplug the camera.Don't do what I did, clipped in the top first and the bottom won't go in, this has to slot in first then the top slots in.
This video, though for US and a blank deck panel, shows how to do it correctly

[ame]

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi Guy's

So yeah supply on the GT Pony and Tri-Bar Emblem Deck Lids are all sold out in the US! Our supplier sent us x20 Tri-Bar Pony Deck Lids instead of x10 GT and x10 Tri Bar. Apparently the contract has now ended with Ford for new take off deck lids so they will possibly start getting silly prices now.

As mentioned we will be getting in the Chrome Pony & GT along with more of our Matt and Gloss Black Emblems shortly. Can also supply the Body Colour Coded Emblems too. Should you want to swap out the Tri-Bar. If any one is after them give me a shout and can include them on our next order that should be around a weeks timescale.
Calling dibs on a chrome pony :) give me a shout when they come in!
Sponsored