Sponsored

Rear left wheel sticks out more than the rear right wheel

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Hey guys,

After I lowered my car and put on new wheels, I noticed that my left rear wheel is sticking out more than the rear right wheel. The difference is probably 1/4 of an inch but still noticeable. I did get the car aligned as well which did not improve the situation. Any ideas? Is this something I should worry about?
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Hey guys,

After I lowered my car and put on new wheels, I noticed that my left rear wheel is sticking out more than the rear right wheel. The difference is probably 1/4 of an inch but still noticeable. I did get the car aligned as well which did not improve the situation. Any ideas? Is this something I should worry about?
The cradle can be shifted over almost a half inch. The slack around the cradle mount bolts is ridiculous.

This can be corrected a couple different ways. Steeda cradle alignment kit, bmr or sr cradle lockout kit or both. I highly recommend the cradle lockout kit. Greatly enhances the rear end response and makes the car feel tighter.

OP
OP

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Thank you! Will cradle alignment kit (is it the Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit (15-17 All)?) going to be sufficient? Will I need re-alignment for the rear wheels?

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You will need an alignment if you do anything. BTW, he did say the BMR lockout, not the Steeda kit. Either way, they'll work.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Thank you! Will cradle alignment kit (is it the Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit (15-17 All)?) going to be sufficient? Will I need re-alignment for the rear wheels?
The steeda kit is cheap and will do what you need. But I highly recommend the BMR cradle lockout kit. It'll greatly improves handling. The work to install the steeda alignment kit is almost as much as it takes to install the cradle lockout kit. They make a steeda kit that is compatible with the BMR kit if you choose to do both (and you should)

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Mustang Rear IRS Subframe Support Braces offers four (4) times the support than other kits on the market.

Coupled with our Subframe Alignment Support Kit - you will be in great shape.

Steeda designs, engineers & manufactures our parts right here in the U.S.A. ... you won't be disappointed in the results.

Plus, with the 15% sale going on ... the savings are even better!

Best Regards,

TJ

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Hey guys,

I highly suggest our CB005 kit to help remedy your issue. It is a very nice addition to your S550s IRS and will square the rear subframe up within the chassis of the car.

There is a very good reason you'll see "CB005" mentioned in so many threads, it's a winner.

You can also add the Steeda or J&M centering sleeves if you like, they both offer kits that for our CB005. That said, we've never really seen a "need" for them.

Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to give me a call to chat if you'd like to.

Good luck.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Plus, with the 15% sale going on ... the savings are even better!

Best Regards,

TJ
Is there a promo code for the 15% discount? I'm looking at your G-Trac brace and IRS braces. Prices on the Steeda website look the same for those as usual for those items when I looked a few weeks ago.

Update - just saw the thread in the Steeda forum - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76931

The 15% discount gets applied as soon as the item is put into your cart. Just made an order. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: