Sponsored

Anyone running power stop z26 pads on base GT?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Cool beans. :thumbsup: Definitely interested in how they do.
Sponsored

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Will be trying out the Track Pads for double duty. I know...I'm crazy. If they're too loud/dusty, I'll switch to the Z26. I also have a set of Z26 rears going in come brake swap time.

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Fine for the road. Not suitable for a road course. The same model did not survive but 4 laps on a road course in my Subaru Legacy, but they were fine on the street. I'll probably get these for street pads once my stock dust-creation-units run out.
Would you be able to elaborate a little on their track performance? Did they start to fade after 4 laps?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
As I've said elsewhere in this forum, I used them on my Subaru a while back and by the second session, I was losing braking capability on the later laps - it wasn't total failure, but it was notably worse. I had high-temp fluid. We're not talking big Brembos on this car, and Subaru Legacys aren't altogether light. I have not used them on a Mustang on track.

I have used, and like, their Track Day pads on the track (TGPR). They made more dust than I have ever seen in my life, but they worked well. I never really hit their limits. I think I got close, at least with regard to what the tires I was using could handle before going into ABS anyway, but if I had grippier tires I think they had more in them. They were totally fine on the street on the way to the track and back (it was a rainy track day so I just put them on the day before and took them off the day after).

So, anyway, after my experience with the Z26 on the Subaru, I won't use them on the track. Mountain runs, daily, drag strip... anything but sessions on a road course... I'd have them. In fact... I now do. For my street pads. Haven't installed them, but... they're waiting.

IceMann

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I actually just ordered the Z26 pads for my GTPP. They should arrive in the next couple days. I've heard good things about them and they're very reasonably priced. Actually, they're SO reasonably priced that I won't mind replacing them if I don't end up liking them. That's actually the entire reason I purchased them first instead of a different pad that I haven't ever tried personally like the Hawk HPS 5.0's or CarboTech 1521. I figure the PowerStop pads are so cheap it won't be a big deal to replace them if they end up being junk.
Did you get these pads installed? I was thinking the same thing....they're so cheap it won't hurt if I don't like them. But if I drop $250 on G-locs and don't like them I'll be :mad: Just curious what you think of them compared to stock.

Sponsored

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
As I've said elsewhere in this forum, I used them on my Subaru a while back and by the second session, I was losing braking capability on the later laps - it wasn't total failure, but it was notably worse. I had high-temp fluid. We're not talking big Brembos on this car, and Subaru Legacys aren't altogether light. I have not used them on a Mustang on track.

I have used, and like, their Track Day pads on the track (TGPR). They made more dust than I have ever seen in my life, but they worked well. I never really hit their limits. I think I got close, at least with regard to what the tires I was using could handle before going into ABS anyway, but if I had grippier tires I think they had more in them. They were totally fine on the street on the way to the track and back (it was a rainy track day so I just put them on the day before and took them off the day after).

So, anyway, after my experience with the Z26 on the Subaru, I won't use them on the track. Mountain runs, daily, drag strip... anything but sessions on a road course... I'd have them. In fact... I now do. For my street pads. Haven't installed them, but... they're waiting.
So how did those track pads due???

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I have Z23, no complaints on GT PP1 calipers and much less dust. Street only.

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I have Z23, no complaints on GT PP1 calipers and much less dust. Street only.
cool! i just destroyed my stock pads and rotors on thr track so really wanna know how the track pads due.. am not trying to spend hundreads to chabge pads.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
cool! i just destroyed my stock pads and rotors on thr track so really wanna know how the track pads due.. am not trying to spend hundreads to chabge pads.
Powerstop Track Day pads will eat rotors if daily driven and used for track/autocross.
0711181934.jpg

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I’ve had the Z26 on for about a month now. Silent and very little dust, but nowhere near the bite of the stock PP pads. Braking feels similar to the stock GT brakes I had pre-upgrade.

Sponsored

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Powerstop Track Day pads will eat rotors if daily driven and used for track/autocross.
0711181934.jpg
dang thats one done rotor. how the performance at the track though? i mean even if they go thru rotore u can get a kit for 250 bucks for everything its still.cheaper than on set of glocs as long as they are good at the track, are they?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes...but how many sets of rotors do you want to go through?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
true. how many do u think i would go thru in 4 track days? like i said they are on amazon for 250 rotors and pads.
The drilled ones? Those I would also not use on track, as they may crack from the drilled holes. Plain or slotted.

Track day hardware isn't something to cheap out on, especially brakes.

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
The drilled ones? Those I would also not use on track, as they may crack from the drilled holes. Plain or slotted.

Track day hardware isn't something to cheap out on, especially brakes.
no they are not drlled heres a link; https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077ZM1KMN/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1_1_3?smid=A2UUWCCR4G5EFA&psc=1

but i havr heard good things about them.actually.your the only person that has said bad things about them but yhen again u also have tried them so not sure. they cant.possibily be worst than my stock brakes though.
Sponsored