Sponsored

Is 500whp possible with only bolt ons

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Yes that was a stock coyote.

A person really needs to look at the dyno charts to understand the gains the vct produces. Its not just about peak numbers. As the article states.

"total gain at peak RPM of 42.3 hp might not sound like its worth the trouble of the VCT, but closer inspection shows a much bigger story. At 3,900 RPM the engine is making 109.3 hp more with the VCT activated than it was without."

The 109 hp under the curve or under peak is gigantic imo. racing someone for example with vct disabled would be a 109 hp handi cap vs the engine setup using vct.

the gains of 109 hp at 3900 rpm would leave the non vct setup in the dust and never look back.

tq gains under peak are impressive too. i urge people to read that article and for the love of god dont lock out your cams if doing aftermarket ones.

A good tuner should be able to keep the cam "sweep" from advance to retard narrow enough to keep it within limits so it woudnt interfere with even the older coyote engine that do NOT have the deeper valve reliefs cut in the pistons.
No doubt, like I stated above, VCT is huge for low and mid range torque and subsequently, power. I was going max effort NA, and wanted to turn more RPM than what I felt the phasers could handle. I make peak power at 8,600 RPM, and expect that peak to climb higher after a few exhaust and induction modifications. I'm just saying that even when going with VCT deleted cams, these cars are quite tame under normal driving conditions. It's improved even more since I regeared to 4.11's to make up for the torque loss and MPH/gear ratio correction.

Oh, and when under WOT, I never drop below 6,500, so the car stays in the power band. Getting it out the hole was tricky, but the gears have paid dividends in that respect.
Sponsored

Gremlinsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
727 roush
No doubt, like I stated above, VCT is huge for low and mid range torque and subsequently, power. I was going max effort NA, and wanted to turn more RPM than what I felt the phasers could handle. I make peak power at 8,600 RPM, and expect that peak to climb higher after a few exhaust and induction modifications. I'm just saying that even when going with VCT deleted cams, these cars are quite tame under normal driving conditions. It's improved even more since I regeared to 4.11's to make up for the torque loss and MPH/gear ratio correction.

Oh, and when under WOT, I never drop below 6,500, so the car stays in the power band. Getting it out the hole was tricky, but the gears have paid dividends in that respect.

A perfect cantidate for a set of my heads

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
My setup isn't too far off the engine labs build, but you don't need the AEM on the 15+ cars. We're turning up 9k on locked out comp custom grinds (MMR stage 2) with the stock PCM

I plan on going full retard towards the end of the year with a full high comp engine build and a 200 shot direct port system on a progressive controller.
So.....what does the car run?

meauxcg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
08 GT500 Coyote
bolt-on is a pretty vague term...what other categories do you have? glue-on? tape-on?
Technically a Pratt & Whitney V2500 could be bolted on...
There is ALWAYS one of you people. If you are any REAL car guy, you know EXACTLY what it means. You must have been one of those nerds in the cafeteria that got beat on....

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
There is ALWAYS one of you people. If you are any REAL car guy, you know EXACTLY what it means. You must have been one of those nerds in the cafeteria that got beat on....
Says the guy who revived this thread from 2017......