JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
You may need something like this:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/steeda-bump-steer-kit-2015-2017/p/BSK4/

When you lowered your car everything in the geometry changed, including the tie rod end movement in relation to the other suspension parts. These kits help correct that issue. If you're still using the stock pieces you're not likely going to be able to compensate for the lowering without changing those parts.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yeah, I know you got the bumpsteer sorted out, I wasn't thinking about that. It sounded like others were leaning toward a total front toe in recommendation of about 0.10 as a solution but you're already there. I know you mentioned the condition of your tires before. I think they are different than the summer only Pirellis that came on my EB PP but I only got 11k useful miles out of them. They still had some tread left but no traction at all, would follow every imperfection in the road (tramlining?), were very loud and would hydroplane easily.

So I moved on to the toe recommendation, just trying to understand that since everything I heard before was for 0 front toe and now I'm hearing different. There are several members here that when they talk about suspension I listen, like [MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] and obviously [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] . Just hoping someone would add some color to it. I've always been told 0 toe in the front so what is the benefit of slight toe in and other than a little more tire wear (I assume) what are the negatives?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I know you got the bumpsteer sorted out, I wasn't thinking about that. It sounded like others were leaning toward a total front toe in recommendation of about 0.10 as a solution but you're already there. I know you mentioned the condition of your tires before. I think they are different than the summer only Pirellis that came on my EB PP but I only got 11k useful miles out of them. They still had some tread left but no traction at all, would follow every imperfection in the road (tramlining?), were very loud and would hydroplane easily.

So I moved on to the toe recommendation, just trying to understand that since everything I heard before was for 0 front toe and now I'm hearing different. There are several members here that when they talk about suspension I listen, like [MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] and obviously [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] . Just hoping someone would add some color to it. I've always been told 0 toe in the front so what is the benefit of slight toe in and other than a little more tire wear (I assume) what are the negatives?
Slight toe-in will make the car a little calmer/softer on turn-in, with the potential for a slight improvement in mid-corner grip, due to the increase in slip angle on the outside tire. Slight toe-out will do the opposite. 0 toe will be the most predictable and is the best place to start.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I run A/S tires in the winter (and I live in GA) and summer tires in the summer. The difference in handing - especially response time - between a true summer tire vs. an A/S is noticeable when you stiffen up a car. It's obvious on my car, anyway. I feel like it's worth it to have two sets. A/S tires - great for a road trip, too.
Sponsored