Sponsored

The new GT500 will have some serious competition...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This from an auto staff writer ...
" ... the Hellcat-powered Jeep will finally be revealed in New York in about 7 weeks. When it arrives, it will likely be the most powerful, the quickest and the fastest SUV in the world, giving FCA one more feather in their high performance hat - joining the world's fastest sedan (Hellcat Charger) and the world's fastest current production muscle car (Hellcat Challenger)"
Ford ? Hello ?? Is anyone out there ????
Ohhh right. We're getting a hybrid Mustang in the near future. Right. Forgot.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
I literally laughed out loud. Nice one. :D :thumbsup:

They forgot fastest to go to the dealer for repairs as well..
You got that right bro!
See how many of them are going back to dealerships for new superchargers, some with even less than 2,000 miles on them?!!? That's unacceptable. I feel bad for the people that bought the 2015/2016 Hellcat and have the bad supercharger bearing problem and are over their mileage count for warranty work. That is one hefty bill! :eyebulge:
But on a side note, I do like the Challenger and Charger Hellcat cars. They are a beast of a car that is stock and with warranty. But, I'd be very nervous about buying one these days until they got that issue resolved.
Sponsored

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Haha! You got that right ... nothing but crickets from ford. I suppose they will dump something in one of the shows someday. Will it be worth this wait? Chevy will have their zl1 for 2 years and running before ford puts one of these in the publics hands. That's too slow. Ford spent too much time Dibble dabbling with the GT. I guess those 750 fellas were more important than the 15,000 GT500 buyers. ;) It's a bit troubling to see where their loyalties lay. I hope to live to see the next SE Mustang. I'll be waiting in the wing... a man can only do so much speculating/griping.

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
Haha! You got that right ... nothing but crickets from ford. I suppose they will dump something in one of the shows someday. Will it be worth this wait? Chevy will have their zl1 for 2 years and running before ford puts one of these in the publics hands. That's too slow. Ford spent too much time Dibble dabbling with the GT. I guess those 750 fellas were more important than the 15,000 GT500 buyers. ;) It's a bit troubling to see where their loyalties lay. I hope to live to see the next SE Mustang. I'll be waiting in the wing... a man can only do so much speculating/griping.
CRICKETS!
1LE. Proven/reliable LT4 650hp/650f/lb.(OK, let's see how well the wet sump works), no blower problems. Multimatic DSSV on all 4, 1.10g MLG. GVW 3823lb. Top speed 202mph (stock ZL1 at Papenburg Germany in late January 2017). Alpha platform. Quick adjust ride height, camber plates and rear stabilizer bar (no need to spend the entire day before tracking it tuning your suspension). Order it in August for MSRP. Probably a grand or two more than a GT350R... BEFORE getting raped by the dealership.
NO BRAINER!
GT500 going back to the drawing board as we speak. (blown voodoo?, double twin scroll turbo's??... both?) Ford may not do that as it may make the 750 sad.
My biggest issue...Ford Dealerships gouging loyal clients for a GT350. Those same dealerships asking 100k for an R. Corporate turning a blind eye to it.
You're right. The boys in Dearborn care more about the 750 than they do about their tens of thousands of hard working, regular, every day American performance market enthusiasts.
Collectability??? do you really believe that that their will be fewer GT350's made than ZL1 1LE's? (Supply/demand/market).
Don't get me wrong, I love me some NA and the Voodoo TRULY moved my soul. So much potential.
I'm just super stoked that my baby brother just bought my 350.

No disrespect intended.

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
What amazing days that we are living in.
Detroit is truly manufacturing some incredible HP machines.
(OK Mopar can only go fast in a straight line).
We can buy an American made pony car for 65k that will absolutely spank any Euro/Japanese exotic that costs 2-3 times as much.
It's like 1967 again... on steroids and HGH.
Just saying.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
What amazing days that we are living in.
Detroit is truly manufacturing some incredible HP machines.
(OK Mopar can only go fast in a straight line).
We can buy an American made pony car for 65k that will absolutely spank any Euro/Japanese exotic that costs 2-3 times as much.
It's like 1967 again... on steroids and HGH.
Just saying.
Here's what I don't like.
You really think it's an amazing time? How so?
Its amazing for GM and Dodge buyers. Ford on the other hand sucks. Let me explain.
1) GM has a 1le camaro that runs neck to neck with the GT350
2) GM has a zl1 that clobbers the GT350R
3) GM has a zl1 1le that ford has nothing to compete with
4) Dodge has a hellcat challenger that ford has nothing to compete with
5) Dodge has a demon that ford has nothing to compete with

You say the hellcat and demon are a one trick pony, what do you call a GT350/R? They are not fast in a straight line. They get dusted by GM's zl1 and zl1 1le in all categories.
GM has a pair of cars that can do it all and do it all for less. You can't even by an R for less than 90k.

Look I am probably the biggest die hard ford guy here. I'm 46 years old and have never owned anything but fords my whole life. And I admit it, ford has really disappointed me a lot lately.
12 performance vehicles by 2020? Seriously?
A 198 hp fiesta?
An hybrid mustang? Wtf ford who cares!
I'm so close to jumping ship. And no it won't be to dodge or GM.

By the time Ford comes out with the next halo mustang, it'll be to late. Oh wait I forgot it's 2017 now and I'm just 3 years we'll have a hybrid mustang that will make my mouth water. Yummy ford can't wait for that.
:frusty:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Man I know if I was upset as you are, and posted about it as often, I'd just sell the car and move on....

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Man I know if I was upset as you are, and posted about it as often, I'd just sell the car and move on....
Where did I say I was upset with my car. You don't comprehend what I said. I'm talking about future ford vehicles and ford is lacking. Get it?

The thread title is the "new gt500 will have serious competition"
Have you even seen the "new gt500"????
No because nobody has. Your assuming there will be one.
People are excited about a lame mach1, bullitt mustang. For what 10 more hp? Is that what you call performance?
Meanwhile at GM and dodge where they have 650-707+ hp ford is building a hybrid mustang.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
CRICKETS!
1LE. Proven/reliable LT4 650hp/650f/lb.(OK, let's see how well the wet sump works), no blower problems. Multimatic DSSV on all 4, 1.10g MLG. GVW 3823lb. Top speed 202mph (stock ZL1 at Papenburg Germany in late January 2017). Alpha platform. Quick adjust ride height, camber plates and rear stabilizer bar (no need to spend the entire day before tracking it tuning your suspension). Order it in August for MSRP. Probably a grand or two more than a GT350R... BEFORE getting raped by the dealership.
NO BRAINER!
GT500 going back to the drawing board as we speak. (blown voodoo?, double twin scroll turbo's??... both?) Ford may not do that as it may make the 750 sad.
My biggest issue...Ford Dealerships gouging loyal clients for a GT350. Those same dealerships asking 100k for an R. Corporate turning a blind eye to it.
You're right. The boys in Dearborn care more about the 750 than they do about their tens of thousands of hard working, regular, every day American performance market enthusiasts.
Collectability??? do you really believe that that their will be fewer GT350's made than ZL1 1LE's? (Supply/demand/market).
Don't get me wrong, I love me some NA and the Voodoo TRULY moved my soul. So much potential.
I'm just super stoked that my baby brother just bought my 350.

No disrespect intended.
I agree!!!! 100% I applaud the heartfelt comment, I feel the same. I won't get rid of my 350r tho for a Camaro tho. That's just me...What pisses me off most is that ford sat on their hands and cares more about a select few. The 12 by 20, I was assuming would be cars that were made for public roads. 6 potentially 7 of those 12 are mustangs. WTF! Come on....
Losing faith in you Ford. My next vehicle will more than likely be a GM...never a Camaro tho, until that God damn look changes.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Here's what I don't like.
You really think it's an amazing time? How so?
Its amazing for GM and Dodge buyers. Ford on the other hand sucks. Let me explain.
1) GM has a 1le camaro that runs neck to neck with the GT350
2) GM has a zl1 that clobbers the GT350R
3) GM has a zl1 1le that ford has nothing to compete with
4) Dodge has a hellcat challenger that ford has nothing to compete with
5) Dodge has a demon that ford has nothing to compete with

You say the hellcat and demon are a one trick pony, what do you call a GT350/R? They are not fast in a straight line. They get dusted by GM's zl1 and zl1 1le in all categories.
GM has a pair of cars that can do it all and do it all for less. You can't even by an R for less than 90k.

Look I am probably the biggest die hard ford guy here. I'm 46 years old and have never owned anything but fords my whole life. And I admit it, ford has really disappointed me a lot lately.
12 performance vehicles by 2020? Seriously?
A 198 hp fiesta?
An hybrid mustang? Wtf ford who cares!
I'm so close to jumping ship. And no it won't be to dodge or GM.

By the time Ford comes out with the next halo mustang, it'll be to late. Oh wait I forgot it's 2017 now and I'm just 3 years we'll have a hybrid mustang that will make my mouth water. Yummy ford can't wait for that.
:frusty:
Feel exactly the same about this too, except the part where I won't buy a GM. I don't care who makes it, as long as it's a great all around performance car, love the look, and is quality built(I know that leaves them suspect), I'm in!

Dodge doesn't sell the kind of product I'm interested in. I got 4 more years to see if they will have something by then, however they will most likely be sold again by then and who knows if their performance division will even be alive at that time.

Ford would really have to bring something ridiculous to set the majority on fire again. They spent so much time an effort tailoring to the tiny GT crowd that they forgot the majority.

I'm more attracted to the fords as well... the look of the dodges and GM are what turn me off the most. I may be able to deal with the shitty seating position of the Camaro if it looked good in my eyes but it doesn't. I'd be able to deal with the rough ride of a viper if I liked the look. I'd really love to have a vette if the rear end didn't look like a cluster/F.
I don't like some of the high end cars because of the same asthetic issues. I love the gen2 and new GT (can't get it), love the GT350....they nailed the look and performance. The 350 is old news now as others are trying to up their game. Ford should have been up on theirs and had something waiting in the wings to pounce....it ain't happening. Yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
There will be one. Insiders even said there will be a SE head honcho mustang. Not called a GT500 tho.
Problem is its coming too late. GM already has the Zl1 and now ZL1LE and I even bet they are working on Fords Answer to it. Too late...too far behind.
When it comes it better be a league ahead of the ZL1LE or else it will be ousted in no time.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
There will be one. Insiders even said there will be a SE head honcho mustang. Not called a GT500 tho.
Problem is its coming too late. GM already has the Zl1 and now ZL1LE and I even bet they are working on Fords Answer to it. Too late...too far behind.
When it comes it better be a league ahead of the ZL1LE or else it will be ousted in no time.
this is what i think,FORD is not just sitting by.they are waiting on something.they know they have the fat cat beat,and the SCRAPMARO zl1.the old zl1 is as fast as the old GT500 in a drag race.on the track it would beat the old GT500.IF the 755hp is true for the next COBRA,that would destroy the zl1/1le on the track,and be very close to the z06.REMEMBER,the closer the COBRA is to the vette,that leaves the CRAPMARO further behind.now,some are saying the demon might have 757hp.you see where this is going?so if FORD now says it will have 765hp,dodge will come and say.well we have 775hp.i know guys are upset right now,just wait a little while longer.:ford::cheers:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Where did I say I was upset with my car. You don't comprehend what I said. I'm talking about future ford vehicles and ford is lacking. Get it?

The thread title is the "new gt500 will have serious competition"
Have you even seen the "new gt500"????
No because nobody has. Your assuming there will be one.
People are excited about a lame mach1, bullitt mustang. For what 10 more hp? Is that what you call performance?
Meanwhile at GM and dodge where they have 650-707+ hp ford is building a hybrid mustang.
Just because Ford isn't releasing the cars you want, when you want, doesn't mean they don't have something big coming out.

Do you remember how excited everyone was when the 350 came out? Can GM and Dodge have a little fun too for a bit until the next Mustang comes out?

Something tells me regardless of what it is or how much power it has, you won't be happy. And I only say that because you've literally upgraded or thought about upgrading everything in your 350.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Just because Ford isn't releasing the cars you want, when you want, doesn't mean they don't have something big coming out.

Do you remember how excited everyone was when the 350 came out? Can GM and Dodge have a little fun too for a bit until the next Mustang comes out?

Something tells me regardless of what it is or how much power it has, you won't be happy. And I only say that because you've literally upgraded or thought about upgrading everything in your 350.
Wow really? You act as if you know me personally.
First of all I have not increased the power of my car other than a tune and headers. If I was unhappy I would add a blower or turbos. But that not me because I like naturally aspirated. Always have.

Second, I upgraded my suspension components by replacing the stock rubber bushings to bearings and solid aluminum bushings. The reason I did this is to maintain the alignment setting, provide better handling and feedback. I also sanded all the components down smooth, painted or powdered coated them to my likings. Why does this offend you? It's my car.

Why is it wrong for me being a car mechanic and enthusiast to enjoy upgrading my car, truck or motorcycle?
If I had a gt500 with say 700+ hp I'd do the same. Wouldn't matter if it had 1000hp stock I'd still do something to it to please me.

No where did I say GM and dodge shouldn't have cars to bring to the market. My point is...ford is lacking. Meaning they have just one car to compete with and it's near it's life expectancy. GM on the other hand has taken the horse by the rains and brought the 1le, zl1, zl1 1le to market in less then 1 to 1.5 years. Ford at one time offered the boss 302 and gt500 at the same time. Not so at this time. Don't put words into my mouth and act like I'm cutting up on GM or dodge. I think ford needs to get its act together and respond. If you feel good about fords reaction good for you, but don't judge me for wanting more of a good thing.
If you think a bullit or Mach1 is going to keep up in the hp wars good luck because if history repeats, 5-15 more hp isn't shit in today's market.
Sponsored