Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I have a set of springs. Now I just need a weekend where its not 105 degrees outside as I dont do well in this heat !!
I know, this heat is crazy lately!
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Wow! These cars are looking amazing, glad the handling is to your liking! We put in a lot of time developing these to be very ideal for daily driving comfort while providing a noticeable performance increase. :)
Auto Nation one of the largest Ford dealer groups receives Steeda Q500 equipped with Steeda Progressive springs .
IMG_2505.JPG small.jpg

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
I have the Eibach pro-kit with Koni adjustable. Will the Steeda progressive spring be much more comfortable than the pro-kit?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I have the Eibach pro-kit with Koni adjustable. Will the Steeda progressive spring be much more comfortable than the pro-kit?
Yes, Because the initial rate at curb is much less.

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Because the initial rate at curb is much less.
Greatly appreciated!
Just between spring and shocks, how much does the spring contribute to the ride comfort, 70-80% I assume? I want to retain my Konis since they are fairly new, but I want to make sure it's not the Konis that contributes most to the harsh ride.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Greatly appreciated!
Just between spring and shocks, how much does the spring contribute to the ride comfort, 70-80% I assume? I want to retain my Konis since they are fairly new, but I want to make sure it's not the Konis that contributes most to the harsh ride.
I have the progressives and Konis. Right now I have them set at front full soft and rear .25 turns from soft and my wife loves it. It almost feels like her SUV lol. She's not going to like it but I'll be firming them up just a little. The combination of the Steeda progressive springs, bumpstops and shock mounts with the Koni dampers is working out very well for me. I still wish the Steeda dampers were available when I bought the Konis, I'd much rather have them because of the better range.

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the progressives and Konis. Right now I have them set at front full soft and rear .25 turns from soft and my wife loves it. It almost feels like her SUV lol. She's not going to like it but I'll be firming them up just a little. The combination of the Steeda progressive springs, bumpstops and shock mounts with the Koni dampers is working out very well for me. I still wish the Steeda dampers were available when I bought the Konis, I'd much rather have them because of the better range.
I have seen your replies in other threads and I am considering doing the same. The Eibach pro-kit might be too firm for bumpy road, but I want to make sure the end result is what I am hoping for before I actually do anything. Changing the springs is no easy job with only hand tools, last time it took me the whole weekend to change the springs and shocks.

cguerrero523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 oxford white 5.0
Just installed mine and i hear a loud clunk from the passenger rear on bumps only. Would this be an install issue?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Just installed mine and i hear a loud clunk from the passenger rear on bumps only. Would this be an install issue?
Yes, check that everything you took loose is torqued to specs.
I have seen that the rear sway bar end links not torqued to spec will cause this issue.

pm me if you need further assistance.

Thanks, Steeda Tech.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I have seen your replies in other threads and I am considering doing the same. The Eibach pro-kit might be too firm for bumpy road, but I want to make sure the end result is what I am hoping for before I actually do anything. Changing the springs is no easy job with only hand tools, last time it took me the whole weekend to change the springs and shocks.
I don't blame you at all. I've certainly had my share of rides that I have made poor selections on and the end result is very uncomfortable. Then you have to spend the same money again to fix the problem and when you do, you still aren't sure if what you're buying is going to be better or if the guy or people that said it have a different satisfaction level than you or maybe it's better but still bad.

It's too bad you live on the other side of the country, it would be nice if you could take a ride in my car. I wish there was a way they I could record ride quality. I read all these posts about people with noise, vibration and harsh rides trying to get there. I have a whole list of Steeda parts in my car and the ride is WAY better than it was with the stock PP EB and handles like a dream with no NVH!

Steeda has been in business for 29 years and does their own engineering and manufactures parts in house rather than outsource. Steeda Autosports’ production-based equipped vehicles have won more championships, set more track records, and won more races than all of their competitors (Shelby, Saleen, and Roush) combined! I have the utmost confidence in Steeda, when I need a part, I'm confident I can go to Steeda and will get the best available. Sometimes I don't know what I need, I just call and explain what I'm experiencing and what I want, they do the rest.

Suspension mods:
Steeda Progressive Springs
Steeda Front + Rear Sway Bars w/Billet Mounts (R=soft F=2nd from soft)
Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace
Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
Steeda Urethane Differential Mount Bushing System (RED)
Steeda IRS Subframe Braces
Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
Steeda Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Steeda Billet Aluminum Shock Mounts
Steeda Billet Rear Spring Spacers 1/8"
Steeda Adjustable Bumpstop Kit (only used rear)
Koni Sport Adjustable Shocks and Struts (R=0.25 from soft, F=full soft)
Steeda Ultralite Chassis Jacking Rails
Ford Performance Strut Bar

Sponsored

cguerrero523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 oxford white 5.0
Yes, check that everything you took loose is torqued to specs.
I have seen that the rear sway bar end links not torqued to spec will cause this issue.

pm me if you need further assistance.

Thanks, Steeda Tech.
Thanks for the quick reply. Took it back to the shop and it was exactly what you said. Love the way it rides and looks now.:love::eyebulge: Ill post updated pics as soon as my new wheel and tire setup get installed.:cheers:

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
I can't wait to install mine. Hopefully two weeks. I also bought the IRS bushings, and jacking rails.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks for the quick reply. Took it back to the shop and it was exactly what you said. Love the way it rides and looks now.:love::eyebulge: Ill post updated pics as soon as my new wheel and tire setup get installed.:cheers:
Great news! Glad t was resolved!

Mike D

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Awesome pic on Steeda progressive springs! Q750
STEEDA Q750.jpg

jbailer

Threads