Sponsored

Largest usb on sync 3

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
I'm using 128GB USB and Sync3 reads it just fine. The problem is navigation through the massive amount of songs on it... But I did not play with Sync3 enough to see if there is an easy way to do that, usually listening to my Borla's anyway :)
I too listen to my Borla most of the time. Though, if you organise your songs into folders and you have the tags, it's pretty easy - just do a voice command - "Play <Artist/Album/Folder>"
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
According to the 2016 Owner's manual:

It doesn't list a max size recognized, but does mention:

Fat32 may become a restriction on size depending on your OS.
Hi Dan, I do not have my mustang yet but the Australian owners manual for cars built after 02-05-16 states that Sync 3 supported USB file systems include Fat, exFat & NTFS. It also states that indexing of 50,000 songs per each of 10 USB devices is possible.
I guess that if no one has plugged in a 1 or 2tb USB drive loaded with music I might have to wait awhile until my order arrives.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hey guys, can anyone help me with this dilemma I'm having... I want to know if I can use a 128gb usb or a 1tb hdd. Can anyone shed some light on this please. What's the largest type of storage media I can use on the sync 3? Thanks in advance guys.
I found on the US section that someone was using a 2TB drive with no apparent problems.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hey guys, just a quick thank you... I have got my music all sorted into folders and stuff. I have chosen to get my self a 128gb usb, so small you can't even workout it's there... just need the stang so I can enjoy the tunes. It's about 2 weeks away now.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
What about music on your phones or do you guys lack the storage space? I have an iPhone with 256GB that is more than enough to fit all my music on.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What about music on your phones or do you guys lack the storage space? I have an iPhone with 256GB that is more than enough to fit all my music on.
I have 320GB on my phone but still use USB (or SD card if a car has it) for music in cars. I have the same music on the phone but in the car its easier to access on the USB than the phone plus it doesn't either use the phone battery or require it to be plugged into. I want to jump in the car and leave my phone in my pocket. So I keep a USB drive or SD card plugged in all the time in all my cars.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Your right on thebay money there champ
Ironic you were looking for the largest and ended up with the smallest (physically) ;)

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Ironic you were looking for the largest and ended up with the smallest (physically) ;)
To be honest, 128gb is plenty for me so I think I will be ok with that. With all the music sorted and in folders, 128gb is ok. I would love to have a 1tb hdd but don't want the cables and mess around the car. This is why I got my self a small usb, fixed both my issues....
Sponsored