The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Posted this in another thread, but dunno if anyone here may know/be able to assist...

Hey,

Something I'm a little curious with, a friend has given me a GT front chin spoiler, the stock one from the GT mustangs with performance pack.

(Like the one in the picture)

I have an Ecoboost with performance pack with the smaller front chin spoiler in the picture below

My question is, will the GT chin spoiler fit my ecoboost, a friend has just suggested something to do with the belly pans for both being different?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Are they much different??
GT one is rather larger, ecoboost one is a tiny thing, also GT is wider etc etc.

There's some people saying the belly pans on both cars are different, so I may need to do a bit of drilling on my stock belly pan to fit it, will see on the weekend I guess... :lol:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Just upgrade to the GT Manders, you know you're itching to.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just upgrade to the GT Manders, you know you're itching to.
I would if I could be arsed paying ÂŁ3500 a year on insurance, I can't, not with planning to move out, it's cost ineffective. BUT I will for the S650 (My2021) Mustang be rocking a 7g GT.

To be honest, this was nothing to do with it being a GT look alike [MENTION=21114]Snorty[/MENTION] leant me a spare set of all the exterior plastics and I've had them painted gloss black so will be fitting them, just was curious if It was a bolt on for the GT splitter or as my friend things, they don't fit so i'll have to drill into the belly pan. :shrug:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Well there you go. I thought all the UK cars were getting the same splitter as part of the PP. I'd imagine it'll fit as the bodies of the cars are the same but presumably it doesn't bolt to the belly pan (likely something more solid) so it would be a case of whether the EB belly pan gets in the way. Below a nice pair of rubies, Lone Survivors GT next to MustangGuy's EB.
rubies.JPG

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well there you go. I thought all the UK cars were getting the same splitter as part of the PP. I'd imagine it'll fit as the bodies of the cars are the same but presumably it doesn't bolt to the belly pan (likely something more solid) so it would be a case of whether the EB belly pan gets in the way. Below a nice pair of rubies, Lone Survivors GT next to MustangGuy's EB.
My assumption is they both fit the bumper as it's the same bumper it's just what i'm going to have to do with the belly pan, thinking it'll just be drilling a few holes here and there should both fit in really in my mind, suppose i'll be the guinea pig and see if it does work. :lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
My assumption is they both fit the bumper as it's the same bumper it's just what i'm going to have to do with the belly pan, thinking it'll just be drilling a few holes here and there should both fit in really in my mind, suppose i'll be the guinea pig and see if it does work. :lol:
Been there, done that. It did not work :frusty: The belly pan is completely different. If you get your hands on a GT belly pan, then it is all plug&play.

As I did not want to buy the "whole kit" (splitter + belly pan from the GT) I went for the California Special splitter, which is not completely the same (doesn´t have the "spoilers" on the sides) but it´s just a bit more "prominent" and aggressive (and different).

See here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67458

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=14942]pardoneo[/MENTION] Cheers for that... I've just had a GT splitter sprayed gloss black, on the premise i thought it'd probably all be the same (most mounting holes looked the same etc). There's the brick in the middle of the EB splitter that the belly pan slides into to hold it, would this be the issue with fitting or???

Like I know there's differences, but what's the main issue here? If I can bolt the bellypan to the bumper, and the splitter to it, that's a success to me lol.
Sponsored